Page 4 of 90 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#10172 - 07/10/08 11:04 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: Fist]
solomon Offline
stranger

Loc: Republic of Korea
That is certainly true. While there is quite a bit of lip-service paid to Xtianity and the Chaplain Corpse(sic) can be overbearing and irritating there is a culture (though not-so-much in support units) that holds fitness and might as its ideal and has those who may be considered de facto satanists...

Edited by solomon (07/10/08 11:05 PM)
Edit Reason: I left an ENTIRE fucking word out!

#10181 - 07/11/08 11:43 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: Fist]
ubertrog Offline
stranger

Whereas most people pass me in quiet recognition of my presense, and some pass in fear of an unknown force of energy, I would say that I'm an introverted public satanist. Is putting lots of energy into non-verbal communitaction a pre-requisite for the satanist? I'd like to point out that communication thus is a very affective way of developing one's extrasensory abilities, but is the antisocial aspect of it really a plus in the satanic community? I try to wear black whereever I go, so while I'm not walking around with an upside down cross on my neck, I'm still trying to make a statement of my position on religion.

Edited by ubertrog (07/11/08 11:44 PM)

#10189 - 07/12/08 11:59 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: ubertrog]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Interesting that a catholic priest wears all black also... How does wearing all black have anything to do with making a statement on your religious stance to you?

Was Johnny Cash a Satanist?

~T~

#10199 - 07/12/08 08:33 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: ta2zz]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Nah, it's just so that they don't look so fat. LOL

I remember many years ago a girl I knew thought she was better and nicer than me because I wore more black than her LOL. Pretty shallow stuff I'm thinking.

Zeph

#10212 - 07/13/08 05:34 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: Fist]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
 Originally Posted By: Fist
 Quote:
Being in the Army means many, many limitatiions on the expression of preferences...

Indeed.

But as you know, you will find more than a few like minds and fellow travellers - especially in Combat Arms.

I do feel that the Army is much more accepting of LHP attitudes than society in general. Calling yourself a 'satanist' will get you nowhere, but you are more than free to act like one.

quiet agreed on that one. I myself am in the army and while there are certain restricions to certain things it doesn't mean you can't have a simple conversation about religion or politics I have them discussions all the time. While talking about the LHP philsophies I have come across many narrow minded bastards and many open minded indivuals as well. But what suprises me the most is that for the most part people don't give a shit as long as you have their back when the bullets start flying.

#10223 - 07/14/08 10:36 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: Ringmaster]
ubertrog Offline
stranger

The color black for me represents darkness, as opposed to light. The darkness of the self is a destructive or negative force or energy. For me, being a satanist is largely about understanding and manipulating that dark force. If you go outside on a clear night and look up, you can see two things, millions of tiny points of light, and a vast expanse of darness. While the light obviously attracts more attention, and gives you a feeling of awe, the darness is always surrounding it, and is the very thing that provides it any contrast. Maybe catholic priests and Johnny Cash believe in the power of darkness. Maybe not. I do.
#10224 - 07/14/08 11:48 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: ubertrog]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

First things first... No wearing of any color is going to show your religious alignment... End of story...

The rest is just banter...

----------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted By: ubertrog
The color black for me represents darkness, as opposed to light.

How very artistic of you...

The darkness of the self is a destructive or negative force or energy.

Sounds very mysterious... Perhaps it would have held more weight back in the 60's - 70's...

My dark side while possibly being destructive or negative to someone else, is my driving force...

For me, being a satanist is largely about understanding and manipulating that dark force.

So are you talking about the space between stars?

If you go outside on a clear night and look up, you can see two things, millions of tiny points of light, and a vast expanse of darness.

You are... He he...

While the light obviously attracts more attention, and gives you a feeling of awe, the darness is always surrounding it, and is the very thing that provides it any contrast.

I see that you have not looked beyond the human condition yet... Let me introduce you to a simple fact... The reason you see so much black in space is due only to the limitations of the human eye...

Maybe catholic priests and Johnny Cash believe in the power of darkness. Maybe not. I do.

So you believe that catholic priests wear black due to them believing in the power of darkness? I hope your joking really... BTW good luck with the power of darkness thing, hope it works for you...

Good Day...

~T~

#10226 - 07/15/08 02:40 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: JohnTurk]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
If you're reading this, you're probably a Satanist. But do you admit it? Does your family know? How about your friends? Or maybe you're the sort of person who wears a giant pentagram on their shirt for the world to see. You could say I'm in the closet, as nobody knows of my religion. I'm wondering, how do you think people would react if I told them?

I will only admit it to people who have an insight in Satanism and if they are without preconceptions.
Also if asked in a polite way i may answer in such a way the questioner becomes a little disorientated.
My family does not know about it, but your question to me is a bit wrong. To me Satanism is not a religion but a way of thinking and living and not being chained to a higher deity or unhuman rules.

I'm more the kind of person who does not walk around with it for to the world to see. Of course mostly because of my clothing style i wear much black and sometimes pentagrams who are put on my shirt because of the music bands written on it.

#10259 - 07/16/08 07:50 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Dimitri]
ubertrog Offline
stranger

You know, if you are thinking about space, it may be safe to say that there is as much darkness as there is light, or as much emptyness as there is matter. Plus, if everything was matter, where would everything be? Do you see what I'm saying? That emptyness or darkness is the balance to the material or the light. I'm not saying that positivity is wrong, however, you can abuse your self with positivity. Some things aren't worth being positive about, and some subjects aren't "light". I think that catholic priests all know that there is no heaven or hell. And they know about many very disturbing truths about humanity, and that is the darkness that they have to face. On the other hand, I don't think I've seen any priests that wear all black. Have you ever seen what inhabits the absence of light? Some very amazing things have found there home there.
#10260 - 07/17/08 03:46 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: ubertrog]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

You know, if you are thinking about space, it may be safe to say that there is as much darkness as there is light, or as much emptyness as there is matter.

What makes you believe this? The data your imperfect human eye gives you? In reality we were talking about your thinking you can show your religious alignment by wearing black... It was you who brought up space...

Plus, if everything was matter, where would everything be? Do you see what I'm saying?

I think you are saying that you believe all matter must be solid and that quite possibly you believe in anti matter... I ask you is air matter? What about the solar wind?

That emptyness or darkness is the balance to the material or the light.

Such a primitive human thought... The never ending battle or balance between darkness and light...

I'm not saying that positivity is wrong, however, you can abuse your self with positivity. Some things aren't worth being positive about, and some subjects aren't "light".

I understand what you are saying but I must point out, we were talking about being a Satanist in public... You thought wearing black means something as a Satanist... I say it is bullshit...

I think that catholic priests all know that there is no heaven or hell. And they know about many very disturbing truths about humanity, and that is the darkness that they have to face.

Do you think they are taught these things in priest school? Maybe somewhere between man boy love 101 and how to give a better sermon?

On the other hand, I don't think I've seen any priests that wear all black.

Oh come now... Open your eyes... Try a Google image search on priest...

Have you ever seen what inhabits the absence of light? Some very amazing things have found there home there.

I knew this was going nowhere fast... I am man, I have the capability of being god or the devil... I am the alpha and the omega...

There is nothing inhabiting the dark that your mind has not put there for you...

~T~

#10261 - 07/17/08 04:31 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: ta2zz]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
I think you are saying that you believe all matter must be solid and that quite possibly you believe in anti matter... I ask you is air matter? What about the solar wind?

Now that is really a weird question. Air IS matter. And so does solar wind. How else can you explain the nothern light?
air is a mixture of O2,CO2, N2,....
every atom in chemistry is a particule, and if much particules are together i still call matter.

Quote:
Oh come now... Open your eyes... Try a Google image search on priest...

Euhm.. up here they really don't wear black. I know some and they wear casual clothing. And then other ones wear white clothings.

#10354 - 07/26/08 01:08 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: JohnTurk]
lucifuge6669 Offline
lurker

Loc: Lees Summit,MO
YES I'M SATANIST IN PUBLIC ALL THE TIME I HAVE THE BAPHOMET TATTED ON MY ARM. I WEAR BOTH MY BAPHOMET & MY INVERTED CRUCIFIX. I HAVE NO SHAME FOR WHAT I AM. CLOSET SATANIST NEED TO BE HEARD. UNITED WE STAND DIVIVED THEY SHALL FALL.
#10356 - 07/26/08 02:02 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: lucifuge6669]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Please do not type in all caps, lucifuge. It makes it difficult to read your posts.

#10563 - 08/09/08 12:58 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Nemesis]
The Evil Eye Offline
stranger

Loc: Chicago, IL
I'm very private about myself. I'm an open advocate for various movements such as for the GLBT community, women's groups, and various other social groups. I support these causes more openly since they often result in immediate social change.

I often say to people that they can worship a chair for all I care, but that's not going to stop them from judging me.

Satanism is something people naturally associate me with based on my misdemeanor. I rarely play with satanic symbolism in my wardrobe. I feel it's not necessary to advocate my beliefs. It's just a preference. I personally don't like to be approached by strangers on whatever given excuse. I don't need someone to see inverted Pentagram around my neck and then approach me about it.
Maybe I'm not that friendly, but it'd still be my own fault.

You can look like a satanist in public, invoke whatever reaction you want out of people, but in reality know nothing. I know a lot of metal heads who do this often. Even with other symbols go to any goth club and you'll see at least 3 girls with a Pentagram or Udjat on their backs.

I rarely have respect for such people unless reasons otherwise. I often see kids running around in Hottopic pants, metal shirts, and inverted jewelry. They look awful and put a bad name on everyone. I don't want to be associated with some 17 year old wearing smudgy eyeliner, cheap black lipstick, and writing 666 on a food court table.

Only amongst like minded people am I open to discuss anything if I feel you are worthy of my time.

It's not the lack of pride, but because of it, I am as such.

#10650 - 08/13/08 02:29 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
Jaguar Offline
stranger

Loc: OR, Multnomah
I am an "in the closet Satanist." I stripped myself down when I realized that, If I wanted to be successful in my career, I had to look the look and play the game (chopped off my beautiful long black hair and changed my clothes). I am without a doubt a lover of life animals and humanity and Self Preservation is the highest law but, I quote Anton LaVey for others and simply refer to it as a a belief called "Laveyism." Most people flip out when you mention the word Satan. I have found that all walks of life will listen and if they are the correct fit, be open about everything regarding Satanism. I highly respect those whom have found success and happiness in life while being completely open about Satanism. My career requires manipulation to aquire business. A customer will not give $50,000 to $500,000.00 if they feel that the team of people that build the look of their business has different views from themselves.

My family? They know my beliefs but not the foundation of it.
My friends? I only have two close friends over the past 10+ years and they are Satanists and we share mutual respect.

Page 4 of 90 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.032 seconds of which 0.006 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.