Page 41 of 91 « First<3940414243>Last »
Topic Options
#24734 - 05/17/09 03:16 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Dimitri]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
To all recent posters:

Get this fucking thread back on topic, else it will be locked. We've managed to keep this discussion fairly straight, considering it's 40 pages long.

#24746 - 05/17/09 09:45 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Nemesis]
Nightmare Offline
pledge

Loc: San Antonio TX
I find not only is it extremely counterproductive to claim to be a satanist most people are scared of what they don't understand and will simply disassociate themselves from you but also I think anyone who will run around telling anyone that they are a satanist for no apparent reason are only doing it for attention.

#24915 - 05/22/09 06:08 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
Emily Offline
stranger

Loc: north wales, U.K
i hide it. not because i dont like who i am its because no one has ever asked me and it would be abit strange if i randomly say "oh by the way im a satanist"

i also know that my friends and family will act negatively, so i have hid the fact and just keep to myself.my friends know that i like some satanic stuff but dont know i am one. she would probally be abit creeped out, and might even start to avoid me.

there are also alot of bitches where i live and at my school who i know say stuff about you behind their back, so for the time being im keeping it to myself,apart from a few drawings that is.

but i am proud of who i am and no one can take it away.

#24919 - 05/23/09 01:05 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Emily]
LSDiesel Offline
stranger

Loc: California, U.S.
There's no point in proclaiming oneself a Satanist to those that need not know. If you're having a discussion of philosophies with a person that may seriously be open to Satanism then it's permissible to speak of it. Still, why bother oneself with making your philosophy public? Most don't care and more than most will react in an ignorant, negative way. I say keep your belief systems to yourself; that's where they have significance anyway. You wouldn't want your way of life to become the subject of idle chatter, would you?
#25010 - 05/26/09 06:35 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: JohnTurk]
Scarlett156 Offline
pledge

Loc: rural Eastern Colorado (USA)
Since I have been labeled as a satanist since before I was one, I have little issue with being labeled a satanist now that I really am one. Hail, Satan!

~~~~~ yours in Chaos, Scarlett

#25045 - 05/27/09 04:42 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Scarlett156]
Atralux Lucis Offline
pledge

Loc: Australia
I am public.
I find it a rather pleasant scare factors to both christians and other general people (for those who dont really know me any better)
My family are fairly easy about it after I explaining consistently it isnt devil worship. My grandmother has even decided to read the Satanic Bible herself (to my amusement)
But yeh, the only problem i have in being public is the questions 'do you worship the devil' 'no i dont worship the devil' then whats with the Pentagram and so on

#25313 - 06/04/09 03:04 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Nellie]
satansydney Offline
stranger

Loc: Australia
some of my friends know, my family doesnt know , my family know i dont believe in god.
#25507 - 06/08/09 05:57 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: LSDiesel]
Nightmare Offline
pledge

Loc: San Antonio TX
 Originally Posted By: LSDiesel
If you're having a discussion of philosophies with a person that may seriously be open to Satanism then it's permissible to speak of it. Still, why bother oneself with making your philosophy public? Most don't care and more than most will react in an ignorant, negative way.

Even in a discussion it is sometimes not smart to just say you are a satanist. It will only cause more discussion. I sat in my friends house for three hours arguing my points with his parents because he and I were arguing religion and his parents overheard us.

Most people are ignorant and will ask those stupid questions, I would advise keeping your beliefs to yourself; even in discussion

#25745 - 06/18/09 08:19 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Nightmare]
draculeft Offline
lurker

Loc: Long Island, NY
nobody in my family knows. its none of their business really for its what i believe but i'm not ashamed to be who i'am, therefore i will proudly go around wearing what i please and say what i think. if someone asks if i believe in god, i will happy tell them i'am satanist, and believe in only myself, being my own god. plus its quite pleasing to see peoples reactions, because obviously...we're all judged as devil worshippers. stupid sheep is what they are. we are minions of no one.
#25782 - 06/19/09 01:01 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: JohnTurk]
Ethophobia Offline
stranger

Loc: Texas
I read through most of the posts and wanted to respond with one of my own.

As far as "publicity" goes, I do not advertise. I wear no indicative jewelry, I rarely concede to be a member of any given philosophy or doctrine. However, if confronted, I will set aside any fear or apprehension and stand up for what I believe in. My close friends know. My fiance knows. And you all now know.

On the street, I am your average premed student. Jeans and a tshirt. I find the best way to thin the herd is to become associated with them, at least in appearance. No one expects me, loyal, friendly and outgoing me, to be a true satanist. My friend, who happens to be a gay pastor, had a conversation with me about it. He acted unsurprised, and approached it with wisdom and grace. He had even read through a bit of the S.B. I was nothing less than impressed.

In general, I find it suits my needs to respond with "If I am not confronted, I feel no need to express it." I am a Satanist, whether or not I wear satanic clothing or jewelry, attend CoS ceremony or whatever I choose to do. I am no less a satanist for how open I am, than a christian is by how secretive they are. There is no shift for me. It is not fear, or repression, a simple matter of stirring a bucket of shit that does not need to be stirred.

#25824 - 06/20/09 09:33 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Ethophobia]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
Without straying off topic, I thought I'd respond myself.

When it comes to Satanism I am far from secretive. I haven't outright told anyone (or if I have it's two or three in passing conversation), because it doesn't really matter. I don't follow the Satanic Bibles philosophy, I follow my own and it happens to coincide. I interpret the ideals and rules to my own liking and I consider that if anything to be the most "Satanic" way of following Satanism.

I am quite vocal about my lack of belief and my philosophies. Everyone who meets me knows I'm both an Atheist and a libertarian within a few hours of meeting me. Anyone with any reasoning skills can deduce that what I follow coincides with Satanism and I've never yet denied it.

#25828 - 06/20/09 10:05 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Already responded a few times here, but thought I'd share:
In march a Belgian magazine approached me and asked if I would do an interview about my philosophy.
I agreed after some consideration and research and in May the article was published.

I stressed out that the views I held about Satanism were my own, and that the interpretations of the rules and sins also were only MINE and my views are not to be taken globally for any Satanist.

Now A month later some people are approaching me with felicitations about the interview and how I swept away the common misconceptions in a clear, logic and well-thought way. Even so some of these persons asked me if I could tell them more about the philosophy since the article awakened their interest because they recognized themselves in it.

For those who have doubts about my claims: I have a scanned picture of the article which I will send if asked for. Not going to post it since I very highly doubt most members here can read dutch.

#25830 - 06/20/09 10:16 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Dimitri]
TornadoCreator Offline

Personally, I would have posted the article regardless of if people can read the language it's written in because people who care enough can find a friend to translate, run it though a translator program or pull out a dictionary if they care enough. If anything it means we have something other than blind faith to believe your claims. That said, I'm really just arguing against the point for the sake of it, it's not a major issue.

What possessed you to discuss this so openly, especially with the recent Dutch issues with Islam. I've heard of the riots in Amsterdam and Rotterdam. I would have been a little weary of putting myself in something nationally read with such religious intolerance around the country.

PS: I have a few Dutch friends and know a few basic phrases, not enough to even have a conversation, but a few words at least.

#25831 - 06/20/09 10:24 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: TornadoCreator]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

I said I'm not going to post it, but as said before: will send it if asked. Just to keep the images-zone a bit tidy.

Quote:
What possessed you to discuss this so openly, especially with the recent Dutch issues with Islam. I've heard of the riots in Amsterdam and Rotterdam. I would have been a little weary of putting myself in something nationally read with such religious intolerance around the country.

Belgium is not the Netherlands, and I have made sure I'm not making any "political incorrect" statements. I'm just that smart enough not to stir some already low-tempered nutjobs to have my ass kicked later on..

#25833 - 06/20/09 10:31 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Dimitri]
TornadoCreator Offline

Oh, sorry... my mistake. You mentioned that the article was written in Dutch so I assumed it was published in the Netherlands, I should have looked at your location on the mini-profile before making any statements.

Page 41 of 91 « First<3940414243>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.037 seconds of which 0.012 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.