Page 42 of 90 « First<4041424344>Last »
Topic Options
#26036 - 06/23/09 09:33 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
Demogorgon Offline
stranger

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Yes I am public with my life-style choice. I usually wear my Baphomet Sigil badge on my shirt, I do get some questions when people ask me what my beliefs are, but I always take the time out to explain that being a Satanist is not about sacrificing virgins and drinking the blood of puppie dogs. My family also know I am a Satanist, they know my beliefs and respect them, although they are practically closet Satanists themselves.

First post, hello.

#26136 - 06/24/09 04:38 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Demogorgon]
hellbent666
Unregistered

I used to be very vocal about my beliefs until I decided that I could not stand most Satanists. Everyone in my circle used to know, now everyone knows that I'm a Jeramiahist. Stupid me got 2 Satanic Tattoos, and girls are usually pretty freaked out by it. Explains why mostly men are Satanists. In prison I was very open about it too and was respected by most people for being honest. That level of honesty is not appreciated by most people in the real world.
#26229 - 06/25/09 11:37 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Nellie]
HardAsRock Offline
stranger

Loc: Scania,Sweden
I am quite open with me being a Satanist.

But what surprises people most is that i listen to RnB,Hip-Hop,Reggae and even Gospel-Pop and still i am a Satanist.

#26236 - 06/25/09 01:42 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: HardAsRock]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Music has nothing to do with Satanism. If that is what you are basing your path on, then you are walking down the wrong path. It has nothing to do with the clothes you wear, the music you listen to, or the mode of transportation you use. It is not about a hairstyle, jewelery, or tattoos.

#26254 - 06/25/09 05:42 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: fakepropht]
RedDraco Offline
stranger

I wouldn't consider myself a Satanist, unless other Satanists tell me so. At this point in time I consider myself a 'Satanist-in-training'. Most of what is said in the Satanic Bible describes most of my behaviour whether I act upon it secretly or not. However, for me to be considered a Satanist, I would have to live my life according to the Satanic Bible and other LaVeyan-related material 100%; and I am not to that point yet. So no, I am not open about it in public.

#26287 - 06/25/09 11:59 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: RedDraco]
Draculesti Offline
Impaler

Loc: Rockville, Maryland
 Quote:
However, for me to be considered a Satanist, I would have to live my life according to the Satanic Bible and other LaVeyan-related material 100%; and I am not to that point yet.

You know, this thread seems to be going in circles, but I'll play along. The above quote from your post is a common misconception amongst novices upon the path. Nowhere in the Satanic Bible does it say anything like "you are either with me, or you are against me." Those words came out of Christ's mouth via the gospels. Not even LaVey, the man himself, would claim that you must obey all the Satanic tenets to be considered as such. Blind obedience and complete subservience is the domain of that other guy. On the other hand, Satanism isn't some touchy-feely free-for-all where anything goes; you can't live your life in complete contradiction to the philosophy and still expect to be called/call yourself a Satanist. If you happen to agree with everything for legitimate reasons, great. If you think that it is a requirement, perhaps a reevaluation is in order for you.

Edited by Draculesti (06/26/09 12:00 AM)

Homo Homini Lupus

#26301 - 06/26/09 02:09 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Draculesti]
RedDraco Offline
stranger

Thank you and you're right, Draclesti. Maybe, I have been confused by reading the opinions in the posts in this forum on how one should be a Satanist; I got caught off-guard on what is a Satanist or not. As for me, I do agree with most of the tenets of Satanism while I disagree with some, something of which I will not discuss here, maybe later in the future, but not today.

#26307 - 06/26/09 04:39 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: JohnTurk]
Maxim D Offline
stranger

Loc: Portland, Oregon, United State...
I have nothing to hide, but don't obviously show it. There's no need to. If someone really wants to have a serious, intelligent conversation about satan, then I welcome it. Back in middle school, my nickname was 'antichrist' and I went around telling people I was the antichrist. (haha) That was back in middle school though. I was lucky to be born to open-minded parents, so I can be an out-of-the-closet satanist at home. She (my mother) usually just sighs in the "I-don't-get-it-but-whatever-floats-your-boat" kind of way. It's kind of humorous. Around my pack of friends, there are a few who are just getting into it, who still think it's all about spooks and demons and stuff, the typical misunderstandings and the whatnot. I have a baphomet shirt, that I mostly wear on special occasions, such as so-called "good" holidays (to get in the spirit of raining on their parades) and so-called "evil" holidays (to show pride). I had a Pentagram necklace, which I unfortunately lost at a nightclub. bummer. Gotta get a new one. I have an "inverted" cross necklace though, that I like to wear simply because it's badass.

#26311 - 06/26/09 05:07 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: fakepropht]
HardAsRock Offline
stranger

Loc: Scania,Sweden
 Originally Posted By: fakepropht
Music has nothing to do with Satanism. If that is what you are basing your path on, then you are walking down the wrong path. It has nothing to do with the clothes you wear, the music you listen to, or the mode of transportation you use. It is not about a hairstyle, jewelery, or tattoos.

I know that of course, but in Europe and i guess everywhere else many people connects Satanism and LHP with Heavy Metal and not with for example Hip-Hop even there are very Satanic lyrics in Hip-hop even if they don´t rap Hell Satan or so.

#26486 - 07/01/09 12:38 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: HardAsRock]
Satans Scrotum Offline
stranger

I'm open about it, everyone knows, I rarely talk about it or care too. And nobody seems to mind or question it, I have a couple shirts and tattoos and such. And not once has anyone asked about them, I like that nobody bugs me.
#26487 - 07/01/09 12:58 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Satans Scrotum]
Jester Offline
pledge

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I am myself in public. Most people wouldn't see me as a satanist because most people don't know what a satanist is. I don't feel the need to advertise it, not to hide it, I just am who I am. I don't feel like there is one certain way to be a satanist in public, it's a philosophy, not a fashion statement.

#26489 - 07/01/09 01:15 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Jester]
Satans Scrotum Offline
stranger

It's not a fashion statement, but it's a statement you can wear fashionably. Like myself, who pulls it off well.
#26631 - 07/02/09 01:38 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
Murrphy666 Offline
lurker

Loc: Seattle, Wa
I've been an "open" Satanist for about 25 years. Since I read The Satanic Bible for the first time. I don't do anything to draw attention to myself as I'm very much an introvert. No large pentagrams or "satanic clothing". I wear a small Pentagram under my shirt which I had custom made. It's in the fashion of Dr. LaVey's Pentagram with the lightning bolt. I'm not a Satanist for public shock value nor to debate the value of Satanic philosophy. I'm a Satanist because I was born one and I know no other way to be.

My family knows I'm on the Left Hand Path and just deals with it. I hide nothing from anyone who has the balls to ask. Especially my local Mormons. I'm now on the "Do Not Visit This House List"!

If your a Satanist for the shock value of it I must say it's time to move on. Personally I find nothing more annoying then "wanna'be" Satanists running around in their Slayer shirts shouting profanities in the local Hot Topic store so they look Evil

My two cents anyway ;\)

Murrphy666

#26725 - 07/03/09 02:24 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: fakepropht]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I would argue that music is very essential to Satanism, although most certainly not in the sense that you intended. Any kind of music can be Satanic; it all depends on the emotions going into the artistic creation.

However, I agree with your intended point; that musical taste is not an indicator of Satanism- nor vice versa.

I do like some black metal every now and then, but I've heard classical and ambient music that is far more "Satanic" than anything shrieked out by a porcupine in corpsepaint.

To illustrate this point, I would like to present a small image macro I just slapped together:

#26860 - 07/06/09 02:03 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: The Zebu]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
I didn't want to start a new thread, and this seemed to closely fit here.

Tonight I went to pick up some carry out Mexican food from a great local joint. These folks incorporate the more Incan and Mayan type of food on their menu. While I was standing in line waiting for the order, this chick was ahead of me placing an order to go. Chips and queso to go. About a $5 order. The guy working the register, a nice guy, had a few Mexican tatoos on his arms. The Virgin Mary, Zapateca, Inca type stuff. This broad starts preaching to him about the body being a temple and quoting from the bible. I could sense his frustration and he really couldn't come up with something to shut her up. He was trying to protect his job and not strangle her, but at the same time taking her abuse.

For a brief moment, it enraged me. I thought about jumping in on his behalf and pointing out the myth that is the bible, how she was wrong, shut the fuck up, etc. If your body is a temple, wouldn't you want that temple to have some bling and flair to it? I don't want to enter a temple that is nothing more than a shed with barren walls and concrete. If she truly believed that her body was a temple, wouldn't she respect every meal that she chose to put into it? This restaurant is no McDonalds, but how does she know what ingredients went into those chips and queso? I was just about to say something to her, but then I thought, why? What will it accomplish? Will I change her opinion? No. Could I end up in jail? Yes. Do I need to make a scene in one of my favorite restaurants? Hell no.

So I positioned myself in such a way that if she glanced over, she would see my tattoos. I would take it from there, depending on how she reacted. Dumb bitch never looked at me. She and her sissy ass boyfriend/husband/slave grabbed their chips and cheese and rolled out.

When my order came up, I told the cashier I had his back. I was ready to step in. You did what you could. We chuckled, and I tipped him 20%. Might mean a free enchilada next time.

Is there a point to the story? Only that crazy bible thumpers will stop at nothing to berate folks that choose not to walk in their shoes or conform to their ways. I can only hope he whispered to the cooks to add some "special sauce" to that queso.

Page 42 of 90 « First<4041424344>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.042 seconds of which 0.015 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.