Page 43 of 91 « First<4142434445>Last »
Topic Options
#26883 - 07/06/09 04:14 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: fakepropht]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
I have to give you a lot of credit, for being able to keep your mouth shut in that situation, because the lack of that ability, is one of my most despised short comings in regards to my own personality.

Although, I would not likely approach a stranger such as the one that you point out in your story, I often find myself babbling to coworkers and other acquaintances about things that really do not make a difference, yet reveal way more information about myself, then I wish to.

Although most of my babbling does not cause me any negative affects, the fact that it is so difficult for me to control it, makes me feel weak.

If I consciously make an effort not to engage in certain verbal banter during he day, and continue to focus on that goal, I can be very successful. However, as soon as I let my guard down, I find myself in totally useless debates, and at times even bullshit gossip, which I despise.

Although on one level, I find this negative aspect in my personality almost alarming, due to my lack of ability to control it, on another level, I am also intrigued by how the brain might be programmed at some point in ones life, and the difficulty to rid oneself of such programing. I have tried every method that I am aware of, without any long lasting and significant success.

I’m aware of a work called “Undoing yourself with energized meditation” by Christopher Hyatt. I am almost tempted to buy the book, but can’t help to think that the whole thing is some kind of pseudo-psychology new age stuff. Anyone have any experience with it?

#26898 - 07/07/09 01:58 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Asmedious]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
It comes down to picking your own battles. Is it really worth it to get red faced and frothy mouthed debating something with someone that will never change their mind? I could tell no matter what logic, facts, or opinion I battled her with, it wouldn't matter. The end result would have been a "scene".

I was more upset at her for picking on this guy that was just doing his job and being most respectful to her. Her pussy ass husband standing off to the side with his tail between his legs as she went off. Not wise to do to someone serving you food. Drop some raw chicken blood in that queso and let the fun begin.

If your body is a temple, which it is, why wouldn't you want to decorate your body as you see fit? Every temple, shrine, sacred worship place, church I have been in have all been decorated from floor to ceiling with the finest they could afford. None of his tattoos were offensive. He had the Virgin Mary on him for Christ's sake.

Going back to the 11 Rules of the Earth, my jumping in would have violated rule #1. Not that I totally live my life by these rules and such. But they do shape who I am and how I act. Therefore, I kept my mouth shut, and tried to have her initiate shit with me. So I could smash her in her mouth on my terms.

#26917 - 07/07/09 03:32 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: fakepropht]
hellbent666
Unregistered

One helluva story fakepropht. The reason I hide my baphomet and rarely ever discuss the 666 on my chest is to save myself all of these horrible pointless arguments about how I'm right you're wrong etc...

I'm NOT a Satanist anymore, lets just get this out of the way again. When I was considering myself a Satanist I had no qualms about showing off my tattoos or talking intelligently about world religions and the value of truth being subjective. The problem is is that I'm often times way too fucking smart for my own good, which infuriates people! No one likes being made the fool! When xtians lay into someone about a difference of opinion, they are in a way trying to validate their outdated ideas by making you question yours. The saying misery loves company would apply here and to most organized religions short of the Buddhists. I choose my battles very meticulously when it comes to philosophical or religious debates. You can tell immediately whether or not someone is going to be fair game, or a dead fish in the intellectual arena. And for those of you that have never talked to a seminary educated xtian, I recommend you do so. I actually have more respect for a well educated xtian than I do most Satanists. I digress...

You can tell a lot about someone's interests just by the questions they ask. If they come up to me and SAY, not ask, that Pentagram is SICK! I'll know they either appreciate good symbolism or they like black metal. If they ask what it MEANS, I'll have everything I need to know right there in the form of a question. My response is always, "I refuse to tell you what this tattoo means for the sake of maintaining a professional atmosphere and a mutual respect." If you don't KNOW something isn't your natural reaction to learn about it? Mine is so I can deduce that the person I'm talking to is interested in nominal things and not in the slightest bit interested in world religions and/or philosophy.

What is the point in "coming out" or even discussing these matters with someone that doesn't research them on their own time? This is a very unfortunate state of affairs when being well read isn't a admirable quality anymore. Give us Kobe Bryant! Fuck Books! Mindless sports mongers is what society has turned into.

#26926 - 07/07/09 10:41 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: ]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
On the reading level in this country;

I seems that books on the best sellers list are written for a 10th grade level reader. This is mirrored by time magazine. There is some hope for you reading at the 11th grade level for you there is always National Geographic.

As to what I would have done in FP’s situation my first thought is to say fuck waiting back for someone to address me personally, I might have said something to the effect of hey he isn’t the only person you are offending here. But in reality it would all depend on my mood for the day. If I were happy I might have just laughed at her ignorance. If I were pissy I might have called out to her husband to control his bitch. At other times I may have said a few things so a few people could hear and instigate someone else into saying something.

But I have to admit I would not just stand there arms out tattoos blazing, pumping adrenaline waiting for her to turn. No need to "BAIT" her if I felt like abusing someone that day. Her opening her mouth in open territory was where she broke both rule 1 and 11. Inviting anyone in earshot to smite her if they so felt the need.

But I must admit trying to build yourself into a brand is a motherfucker. You have to act different as a business owner. Sometimes it really cramps my style. Other times you just need to kick it up a notch or two. To equally shut up such an asshole I may have walked up to the counter introduced myself and started handing out business cards. Making sure to give loudmouth and her husband one or two. Offering them a discounted rate. ;\)

Where there is wit there is always a way.

~T~

#27012 - 07/10/09 06:02 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
Third-Side Offline
stranger

Loc: Maine
Am I a Satanist in public? I'm a Satanist and I'm amidst the public on a daily basis as are many other people with many other beliefs. Just as I couldn't tell a jew from a christian in most cases if they were walking side by side through the mall. Aside from sometime obvious telltale jewelry items, most people present themselves in a way that doesn't shout their religious beliefs but rather to what they find comfortable. I almost feel like this question comes from a place in which Satanism is portrayed as black lipstick, death-metal t-shirt, and whatever else Hot-Topic sells to make people feel more "edge". Am I a Satanist in public in terms of do I impose or openly engage in conversations about Satanism, the answer is no. Why would I? Satanism is a powerful tool that is best kept in the cloak of darkness. I employ all of the fundamentals of Lesser-Magic while lurking amongst the herds, it is in my best interest to be able to infiltrate into any situation at any time to achieve any goal that I may benefit from. Do I have a Baphomet Pendant, of course, I wear it when I know that nobody can see it, my Pendant in hiding gives me more personal power than out in the open. To those who have the "I don't give a fuck about what other people think" attitude, I say that, I personally, as a Satanist, am leagues beyond that state of mind. Overall though, to each his own, you do what is best for you but if it's worth anything to the conversation, there is much to be said about saying nothing at all.

#27340 - 07/21/09 11:19 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: fakepropht]
bluj666 Offline
stranger

Loc: Tennessee,USA
Im not, I live dead center of the bible belt so being an open satanist would be a defeatist for me. and im still deciding which concept makes sense to me. Right now im leaning towards the Temple of the Black Light
#27351 - 07/22/09 01:19 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: bluj666]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
The Temple of the Black Light is one of the less insane groups out there, and have a good magical system, but I find their ideas about cosmology and metaphysics to be quite absurd. (ie, that the universe is a struggle between chaos and order, and that the material world is inherently "ordered" and therefore undesirable, etc) I've run into people online who believe this wholeheartedly and with the utmost literalism, and it's a bit ridiculous.

A word of advice... don't base your "beliefs" on some other person's framework; especially if it has large theoretical interpretations of reality tacked on to it.

#27370 - 07/22/09 03:56 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: The Zebu]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I find the Black Light interesting and even when some of their writing might seem rather absurd, if you think of the universe at a level of quantum electrodynamics, it isn't that absurd to see the conflict. Now, I fully admit that QED is way above my level of understanding and there might be none out there that fully comprehends it but after seeing some docs upon it, it did make sense in some way that the universe is a struggle between chaos and order. An idea as old as human thinking really.

There are some longer vids out there but this shorty touches upon the idea.

Quantum Electrodynamics (QED)

Anyways, while the Black Light is interesting, I do agree that it should be seen as some sort of intellectual discourse which might be nice to follow or think about but hardly is something to put into practice at any level. And in the end, I do think that is what Satanism is about; finding a philosophy you can put into practice. The others you save for a rainy day.

D.

#27381 - 07/22/09 10:11 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Diavolo]
The Zebu Offline

Agreed, although my principle objection wasn't over the chaos/order thing; it's over labeling "order" or "the material world" as being undesirable for some reason; to me, the nature of the universe is overwhelmingly neutral, and to ascribe a humanized relevance to it comes close to falling into a theistic rut.

...I have enough on my own plate without making the world safe for Satanism when they are better served by keeping their aces up their sleeves as opposed to organizing "Satan Pride" parades. Figuratively speaking, of course.

Ironically I've heard of a few people actually try to put something together along those lines... but time and time again, these kind of ventures are inherently prone to failure because few places outside of California or New York have a high enough concentration of Satanists to organize the most remotely public of activities.... and that's not even taking into consideration "denominational division" or weeding out the crackpots.

#27398 - 07/23/09 01:49 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: The Zebu]
bluj666 Offline
stranger

agreed, the concept of a struggle between choas and order is rather much, The basic stand point of their view of Satan and the occult could prove to be rather useful. I wasnt appling that I would follow its concepts to a "t" but rather use their ideas and practices to mold my own person practice and point of view. They just simply have one of the best and well formed instructions and practice for the occult that ive seen lately.
As for The JOS i can certainly see where you are getting at. They do focus alot on meditation, which some of it is good and advocated by many other occult practices. When i said they were a good source for the occult I ment alot of resourch was done on their topics and are old practices for the most part. though they do tend to be a bit vague on some point. But Maxine did pull alot from old customs, such as practices of eygpt and witchcraft... but you are right they point them in a point of new age mumbo jumbo.

#27426 - 07/23/09 10:18 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: bluj666]
The Zebu Offline

Egyptian magic, based off of what we know from greek sources, usually consisted of very lengthy invocations and praises to a single deity interspersed with appeals to help and some words of power. JoS's form of "satanic witchcraft" is nothing like this classical form of magic, and instead loses itself in talk about "chakras", "auras", "energy fields" and "visualize blah blah blah".

I don't see how any of it could possibly be useful, seeing that most of their material is devoted to developing "telekinetic powers" and other such nonsense. The only thing remotely of value on their site would be the reworked Calls, which are more "enochianlly sound" than LaVey's, provided a few small errors are fixed.

#27467 - 07/24/09 10:54 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: The Zebu]
bluj666 Offline
stranger

true, I did go back into their site a little while after i made my last post. The vast majority of their site is either on meditation and telekensis or articules aimed in disproving the christian faith, but still in a hypocritical way insist on the concept of a holy war between God and Satan. I do beleive in Satan as a literal being, but however do not beleive in the notion of a holy war or gods pitted against each other. To me if you say or beleive the right hand faiths and their doctrines to be false then their dogmas should be concidered false aswell. Which is why i dont follow what Maxine or her "ministry" says to really an degree, but do still see the benifits to some techniques on the site and some information intreging. But yes for the most part JOS is mostly usless.
#27488 - 07/25/09 01:39 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: bluj666]
The Zebu Offline

Quote:
I do beleive in Satan as a literal being, but however do not beleive in the notion of a holy war or gods pitted against each other.

I'm not going to completely flip out like most other forum members undoubtedly will, but you seem fairly intelligent so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

What reasons do you have for "believing" in Satan as a "literal being"? Belief is a doctrine of the right hand path; Satanists do not believe, they KNOW. If the literal existence of a supernatural being called "Satan" were a valid thing to state, then you wouldn't have to resort to using such a shady and nebulous word such as "believe".

It implies that it's some kind of a weak tenet that you are inclined to hold, or are searching for evidence for, or might have had some pertaining but vague "spiritual experience" which could have countless materialistic explanations.... but have no real grounds to support it whatsoever.

Evaluate theism and "faith" honestly, and you will find it's a useless remnant of Abrahamic religion- to be cast away with all the other outdated and superstitious fallacies, which have no place in the Left Hand Path. Saying that Satan is limited to existing as an "entity" is really missing the mark on what is truly something more transcendent, powerful, and immanent.

Edited by The Zebu (07/25/09 01:45 PM)

#27599 - 07/28/09 08:35 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: The Zebu]
Jesse Offline
stranger

I choose not to be a Satanist in public for the primary reason... I hate dealing with stupid people. In my city there's plenty to go around. I wear my Baphomet pendant where ever I go, just to give people that little wonder of "what the hell is that?" thought. I wish mine could be nicer, but I don't know where to find any good ones anywhere. BUT, that's not the issue sorry for going off topic.
#27614 - 07/28/09 02:35 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Jesse]
The Zebu Offline

Actually there's a "Satanic Jewelry" thread floating around here somewhere if you do a search for it; I'm sure they have some helpful links.

Page 43 of 91 « First<4142434445>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.039 seconds of which 0.014 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.