Page 46 of 91 « First<4445464748>Last »
Topic Options
#30526 - 10/15/09 10:38 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: FlameReborn]
Truth=Reality Offline
stranger

Loc: Minnesota
Yes, I agree with others that you are just opening yourself to a tidal wave of shit by marching around and telling the world that you are a satanist. There is so much ignorance out there that you would be spending an inordinate amount of time just trying to justify your beliefs. If someone wants to have an open minded discussion and is capable of having an intelligent conversion I will gladly discuss my beliefs and opinions on the subject. But otherwise, no, it's just not worth my effort.
#30612 - 10/19/09 04:42 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: JohnTurk]
Miss May Offline
pledge

Loc: sebastopol, CA
To me, what I wear is not that different from what I wore before I discovered Satanism. If anything, I've found Satanism to be freeing philosophically and literally . I show what I feel like showing. Sometimes I wear a Pentagram, sometimes I don't. I personally enjoy self-expression, but I think this is a personal choice that should be made on one's own terms.
#30661 - 10/21/09 07:45 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Miss May]
Fredenburgian Offline
stranger

Loc: Norway
I don`t really wear clothes that gives away that I am what I am.
Nor do I do like many other fools and follow the herd, and wear what is seen as "cool". Band t-shirts and stuff is more my style.
My point is, if someone ask me I will tell them what I mean.
I am open about being a satanist. This, as mentioned already here, makes for reactions. Some, if not most, people are pretty ignorant and jugdes after what they think is true. I will say that it`s not the kind of Satanism they think, but rather the LaVeyan form.
I see no point in trying to get people to accept it, but if they ask about it I will tell them.
I doubt many in my family knows that I refer to myself as a satanist. I know at least one does and he accepts it. I`m just lucky I wasen`t born into a christian family, who goes to church every sunday and so on. I have a friend who comes from a catholic family, for many years the mother have driven him nearer the edge by pushing her faith on him. He does not believe in God, and when he is forced to go to church, all he wants to do is to burn down the church with his mother inside.

The world sure is absurd, religion is absurd, and should not be forced upon anyone. This goes for any philosophy really.

#30949 - 10/29/09 06:47 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
Sutherland09 Offline
stranger

Loc: United Kingdom
Not being a satanist in public shows shame.It also resembles self dilusion - non of these would be the case however ' if you were hiding it from your religious family who are stricly against Satanism.

I am a public satanist but i do not go around parading over the matter.I would happily answer the questions of those who asked me ' if they didnt allready know.

What would be the whole point in claiming to be a satanist if you didnt believe in your faith enough to be proud of it?

#30951 - 10/29/09 07:31 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Sutherland09]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Quote:
Not being a satanist in public shows shame.
How exactly does it show shame? There is nothing shameful about not being a Satanist.

Quote:
What would be the whole point in claiming to be a satanist if you didnt believe in your faith enough to be proud of it?

There is no point in claiming to be a Satanist if you take anything on faith. If you think Satanism is faith based then you are missing the point.

#30952 - 10/29/09 08:35 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Sutherland09 Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: 6Satan6Archist6
 Quote:
Not being a satanist in public shows shame.
How exactly does it show shame? There is nothing shameful about not being a Satanist.

Quote:

There is no point in claiming to be a Satanist if you take anything on faith. If you think Satanism is faith based then you are missing the point.
What kind of contradiction is this.I am missing no point.If you are a satanist and then change your mind because you are in public demonstrates my point very well - youd be hiding it.If your a true satanist then you wouldnt be ashamed to show it.Why hide it? if you have the strength and ego you would carry on just as you do when you are "hiding" it.And by the way "There is no point in claiming to be a Satanist if you take anything on faith" dont you have faith in yourself As a satanist??.Faith isnt always relying on a higher power you know.Your point is invalid

#30954 - 10/29/09 08:58 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Sutherland09]
FriendlyS Offline
stranger

Loc: Toronto, Canada
I'm pretty sure that what 6Satan6Archist6 meant was that Satanism isn't a faith that one needs to believe in. It is a philosophy that is lived and one either is a Satanist or isn't regardless of if they choose use the title of Satanist or not. Also, stating that one is not a Satanist in public does not mean they changed their mind about what they are or the philosophy they accept. Sometimes, it is better to simply say you are an Atheist, or just keep your mouth shut when the topic comes up. There is nothing shameful about avoiding unnecessary conflict and arguments.

Satanism is also not a religion which requires those who follow it to suffer for it and those who are Satanists will not be punished for not being open about it. It is a personal choice if one chooses to use the title and simply a philosophy which one can either identify with or not. If one chooses to keep the fact that they are a Satanist personal and a secret for whatever reason, it does not make them any less of a Satanist at heart and is nothing to be ashamed of.

#30960 - 10/29/09 10:16 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: FriendlyS]
Sutherland09 Offline
stranger

seriously.
Why call yourself a satanist if you do not have the strength to cope with unecessary conflict?
Maybe there are lots of people who hide it but wheres the dignity in standing up for your beliefs?
It would be hiding a part of yourself.I do not want to go on argueing about this but i do have a point.

#30962 - 10/29/09 10:39 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Sutherland09]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
How young are you?

I mean really, do you have a job, your own apartment, a family?

You don't get any points for ruining your own life.
Its better to manipulate the masses into believing what they want SO!!!!!! you get exactly what you want.

Would you go to a job interview wearing a baphomet tee shirt, all dark and gothy wanna be dangerous looking?

Who would rent you an apartment looking like that?

I lived thru the stupid satanic panics of the 1980's. I had my share of fights cause I was open about it. I know better now, and choose who knows what about my life.

Besides, what fun is it if everyone knows who you are? You end up limiting yourself, your options, and all because you want to be a martyr to a philosophy that laughs at Xitian martyrs.

Ever hear of Satanic camouflage?

How sinister is it if everyone knows everything about you?
You just gave up so much power that it is sad.

I think you should look at your life from a different perspective and see how easier it would be to get things out of people if they know nothing about you.

oh, and if you mr. high and mighty were so open about your beliefs then why didn't you use your real name on a Satanism board? hmmm

Morgan

#30963 - 10/29/09 11:11 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Morgan]
Sutherland09 Offline
stranger

I dont wear baphomet t-shirts or anything that looks gay.I wear normal casual clothes so i dont look like no faggot goth or mosher.I am not speaking about looks or anything like that.Also i did not say i go around shoving it in peoples faces .What i said was "why hide it".Would there be a point in not being yourself when someone asks you "are you a satanist"? I happily say yes because i am not ashamed of my superior nature.Why say no? Its not about manipulation or anthing like that ' its about respect for you and your beliefs.And for your information i am 18 years of age and im a student of sound engineering.If you dont mind my asking ' how old are you? and what makes you think you can go around manipulating people.Its not about manipulation its about strategy.
#30964 - 10/29/09 11:20 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Sutherland09]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

I'm old enough to be your mom and then some.

lol, you my dear have a lot to learn.

I certainly can do as I please, I'm white female over 21 and not married.

Lesser black magic??

Please my dear, give your view on strategy verses manipulation.

thanks,
Morgan

#30965 - 10/29/09 11:21 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Sutherland09]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

My point is not at all invalid. Sometimes it is best to keep your head low and your mouth shut. Do I have faith in myself as a Satanist? I don't operate on faith. I know that I am capable of doing pretty much whatever I want to do if I put my mind to it. I don't need to rely on faith for that.

Faith is belief without proof and/or without good reason to believe. I can't in good conscience take anything on faith. That is a level of stupidity I can not afford.

If you want to be all gung-ho in your face flamboyant Satanist, go for it, but don't expect others to follow you off that cliff. Maybe where you live everyone is openminded, understanding and accepting of the beliefs of everyone else. Some of us, however, live in the real world.

#30967 - 10/29/09 11:31 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Morgan]
Sutherland09 Offline
stranger

"I'm old enough to be your mom and then some.

lol, you my dear have a lot to learn.

I certainly can do as I please, I'm white female over 21 and not married.

Lesser black magic??

Please my dear, give your view on strategy verses manipulation"

black magick is in the mind as all magick is.Black white whatever you want to call it ' all magick is just magick ' its the perception and will of the user that counts.I was born with it in my blood.Your old enough to be my mother and still roaming the internet looking for a social life.Give it a break with all the old enough to be your mother caper.Truth is the best way to go about anything because lying doesnt handle matters as well.You go around manipulating people ' how exactly?

Edited by Sutherland09 (10/29/09 11:35 PM)

#30968 - 10/29/09 11:47 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Sutherland09 Offline
stranger

"My point is not at all invalid. Sometimes it is best to keep your head low and your mouth shut. Do I have faith in myself as a Satanist? I don't operate on faith. I know that I am capable of doing pretty much whatever I want to do if I put my mind to it. I don't need to rely on faith for that.

Faith is belief without proof and/or without good reason to believe. I can't in good conscience take anything on faith. That is a level of stupidity I can not afford.

If you want to be all gung-ho in your face flamboyant Satanist, go for it, but don't expect others to follow you off that cliff. Maybe where you live everyone is openminded, understanding and accepting of the beliefs of everyone else. Some of us, however, live in the real world."

it is best to keep your head low and your mouth shut at times especially to friends and family - that was basically what this blog was about.Do you lie to your friends and family? i am not the pushy type either.You brought this on yourself by quoting me.Satanism is not about the weak who ask silly questons.And faih in the self is what really counts in life.If you want to go on through life without faith in your beliefs and yourself ' then go ahead.It is up to you at the end of the day.

#30970 - 10/29/09 11:53 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Sutherland09]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Lesser black magic, social manipulation, nlp, common sales technique? You are so silly this is really funny now.

Are you trying to seduced me or make me laugh?
My last girlfriend was your age, and one of the current boys isn't much older.

I have a wide social life, I like my friends here, some I know in real life and others hmm around 10 years or so. I come here for conversation. Shit, I'm tired and blowing off 2 different parties tonight.

lol, so you don't think I am older than your mom, thank you. You are so sweet, see look at me as an example. I am 26 forever, and Satan got my oath hmm over 25/30 years ago at this point.

How exactly I do things, little boy. Everyone here now knows exactly how little you know, and how much more you need to.

Maybe you should speak less and read more for a while.

Kisses,
Morgan

Page 46 of 91 « First<4445464748>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.038 seconds of which 0.012 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.