Page 48 of 91 « First<4647484950>Last »
Topic Options
#36152 - 03/08/10 04:50 AM Re: Are You a Satanist in Public? [Re: Room 101]
Satansfarm Offline

Loc: america
I have been going back and forth between being openly Satanic
and not. Recently, I decided to adopt a bit more of an undercover approach. I was given some friendly advice to do so by other Satanists. It was also rough going coming under attack all the time by persons who either opposed Satanism or felt that attacking my beliefs was just another good way to get at me. Well, guess what, that didn't work either. Now the idiots think its great fun to "expose the foul devil worshiper". So now I have adopted an in your face posture, comparatively speaking. I wear a large Baphomet
on the outside of my shirt, not under it. I perform music right in their faces, chanting REGAE SATANAS! I also publicly denounce religion and its false hopes in an imaginary god/savior/ messiah.
Let them come. Let them talk. Let's discuss it openly in front of all these nice people. My argument is quite simple. I believe what I want. If you think you can talk me into accepting an idea that I feel is ludicrous, TOUGH NOOGIES, PAL.

#36266 - 03/12/10 05:51 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
Ruwan Offline
stranger

Loc: Bahrain
I am enlisted in the United States Navy so I keep being a Satanist a secret. I made the mistake at my last command of being open about my way of life, and because of this I was in my opinion denied certain privileges. Here (Bahrain) I havenít told anyone yet I reserve this for my closest friends, I may make some here I may not.
however if I could revile my way of life to my coworkers with no negative reprimand I would still keep it a secret. In my opinion most people in the Navy are to ignorant to understand even the basic concepts of my way of Life. Also I kind of like keeping my own life a secret but thatís just me.

#36271 - 03/12/10 07:02 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Ruwan]
Noctuary Offline
pledge

Hmm, I guess I am both private and public about being a Satanist. Everyone of my friends knows I am a Satanist. My co workers know at both jobs. I don't go telling strangers or my customers though. Because, well why would that come up? They just want their food. I don't deny my affiliation. Nor do I advertise it.

#36272 - 03/12/10 07:09 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
Vlad Offline
stranger

Loc: Virginia
It wouldn't be in my best interest at this moment to say "I am a Satanist", so there is no reason then why I should. I live in a small, conservative Southern town and in my Baptist parent's home. It would only hurt me to go about yelling "Hail Satan" like some attention seeking nut. If I felt I could get ahead or improve my life by openly being a Satanist, I would do it in a minute, but as of present, this is next to impossible due to my circumstances.
#36276 - 03/12/10 07:37 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
exadust Offline
pledge

Loc: georgia
If someone asks me what I believe I usually tell them I don't discuss religion for the simple reason that christians go into the whole " Have you been saved?" routine! That to me is very annoying! But I don't care what people think about what I believe! I have always been the Black Snake in my family and wherever I go!

#36296 - 03/13/10 03:09 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: exadust]
reverand Offline
stranger

Loc: London, Ontario Canada
24/7. Indeed.
I have nothing to be ashamed of so why hide it, but as has already been said I don't advertise the fact obnoxiously ( I do proudly wear the baphomet) but the people that know me know, and if by chance it were to come up with a stranger I would gladdly inform them.
I so love to see them get all twitchy and uncomfortable with that little fact, but I'm not blatant about it unless i need to be either.

#36324 - 03/13/10 01:50 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: reverand]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
Good grief, no. One of the things I love best about myself is the ability to "disappear" and people of 50+ have that advantage anyway because nobody notices us. \:\) I wander around in ordinary clothes, sometimes being read as a woman, sometimes as a guy, and just do my thing. Lesser Black Magic is so much easier when the target has no suspicion that you may have the ability.
My Pagan pals know I'm an LHPer and understand what it entails, at least theoretically.

#36342 - 03/13/10 09:41 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: felixgarnet]
Noctuary Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: felixgarnet
Good grief, no. One of the things I love best about myself is the ability to "disappear" and people of 50+ have that advantage anyway because nobody notices us. \:\) I wander around in ordinary clothes, sometimes being read as a woman, sometimes as a guy, and just do my thing. Lesser Black Magic is so much easier when the target has no suspicion that you may have the ability.
My Pagan pals know I'm an LHPer and understand what it entails, at least theoretically.

You know for me..it's my 'openess' that actually benefits me. First my good friends who know me..well they know me. They don't quite get Satanism. But they seem to be open to learning something new. And I can say that they are more tolerant and sometimes agree with my views. Then there are those who are fucking morons. And word spreads about me. And they tend to stay away from me. Oddly the nicer I am, the more I smile and act cheerful..I can smell the undercurrent of fear. It's almost like bunny rabbits trying to be friendly to the wolf. I enjoy it. There is a sense of the unpredictable I guess. At one of my jobs people are a tad cut throat with each other. Rumors. Being petty with one another..especially the women. But everyone is always nice to me. I asked a good friend there if there were rumors about me. She said yes. " That you were a Satanist. And that's why they should be nice to you"

Works for me \:D

#36587 - 03/16/10 03:42 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Noctuary]
Deckar Offline
lurker

Loc: UK
If one of my friends were to ask me, "Why have you got a copy of The Satanic Bible on your bookshelf?", I would first explain what Satanism was, then tell them that I am a Satanist. I don't go pushing it at people. A few close friends know, and my partner of course. My mother is Roman Catholic and would be worried for my "soul" due to her childhood brainwashing. Besides, I see no real reason to tell my parents; I'm just into my forties and don't need their approval any more.

I wear my Pentagram under my shirt when I want to; I'm wearing it for me, not for public show. And lastly, I work in a school, so being open about it at work is not a terribly good idea; I can guarantee at least one ignorant parent would be straight into the headmaster's office demanding to know why their darling child was being exposed to a chicken-sacrificing devil worshipper. (I don't, of course, sacrifice chickens - in fact I keep three as pets, and very spoilt they are, too.)

#37726 - 04/17/10 06:46 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Deckar]
Black Magic Offline
lurker

I work in Sinister ways that profit me in the real world, so Satanism isn't an image and works so well for me due to others being unaware of my Satanism.
#37950 - 04/20/10 10:00 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Black Magic]
Tigeress Offline
stranger

Loc: under your bed
Anyone close to me knows my beliefs, and I talk to them about it sparingly if they bring it up. Other than them, I am strictly undercover in the guise of either a mormon or a religious studies student. This works because I was mormon and I am familiar with their doctrine so I can bullshit my way through that accurately and usually get the LDS in a little good PR. I will actually be a religious studies student soon once I finish my last few classes for my AA. So I use these two guises appropriately depending on the situation. My patience is stripped thinner every day it seems, having developed a deep loathing for humanity in working food service and retail. If I gave someone the opportunity to attack me over my personal beliefs I have worked so hard to build, I just might put my spiky heel through their eyeball before I could stop my foot. I've got some humpback knuckle draggin' toothless bible humpers from hell in my neck of the Florida woods. They're bad enough just with having to sell stuff to them. So I just don't set myself up to go there. No way.
#37955 - 04/21/10 01:31 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Tigeress]
Mardi Gras Offline
stranger

Loc: Louisiana
I'm a mix of things, one of those things being an odinist. So I'm an odinist in public, as that seems to be acceptable, at least far more acceptable than being a satanist. But overall being a satanist in my line of study would be seriously frowned upon and could cost me my future career. I have an apprenticeship in the medical examiner's office, where I have to deal with grieving familys on nearly a daily basis. So being a mortician and having to comfort and give legal advice to grieving family members could spell doom if I were to show blantantly that I was a satanist. but to me it doesn't matter, seeing how I am a very selfish person in general in my day to day life, it doesn't bother me that people I encounter doesn't know my religion or the things I hold dear to my heart. I never even give it a second thought.

#37960 - 04/21/10 05:04 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Mardi Gras]
ravely Offline
lurker

The doctrine of Never bringing your religion up unless being asked and of not giving information out of your own, are the two rules of Satanism I do not adheare to.

I'm still in highschool, but luckily I do not play into the whole popularity game.
I am at an position that when someone here comes up to me asking me what my religion is, I get to choose several nominators which all are true, and see their response.
Satanist is one of those nominators.

In my current position it does not matter at all, but I guess in the future at job-searches I will simply say Atheist, which is true and acceptable to all.

A while ago I got a jehova's witness at the door, he asked me if I had accepted Jesus bla bla bla, I responded I kinda promised my soul to someone else, while playing whit my pentacle, sometimes ignorance is just too funny.

#37962 - 04/21/10 12:43 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: ravely]
Tigeress Offline
stranger

Loc: under your bed
 Originally Posted By: ravely
but I guess in the future at job-searches I will simply say Atheist, which is true and acceptable to all.

Do what you wish, but I would advise against claiming Atheist without care. Atheism is definitely not considered acceptable by all. It just depends. Only you can judge. I had /have an Atheist coworker/ friend who has had a lot of trouble all around with it.

#37983 - 04/22/10 12:23 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Tigeress]
Doomsage680 Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
What's funny is that I used to be a theistic Satanist in public. It was only for a few weeks in college, before I became Atheist, but I found that people were so much more accepting of it than my Atheism. It's like, I accepted that their God existed, so it was ok that I positioned myself in opposition, as long as I knew all about their Bible. It's weird, but I definitely got respect, or at least the kind that comes with a casual fear. I wore an inverted cross around and wore a disproportionate amount of black. I also have a Pentagram tattoo on my upper left arm and in the warm weather I would wear tank-tops, or tattoos might come up in conversation. My friends knew and most anyone who asked me my religion was told "anti-Christian", or if I thought they were accepting, "Satanist".

Now I usually don't say Satanist but everyone from family to friends knows I'm Atheist, and casual acquaintances seem more offended by my Atheism. It gets me into more frustrating conversations than before, but once I go into my philosophy and reason, I eventually tell them I'm a Satanist. They usually don't understand, so I only tell them if I feel it's worth the time.

The reason I was so willing to talk to people about it is because I really hate hiding who I am and what I believe for the sake of social acceptance. I totally respect and understand that most of you guys don't mention it, but for me I hate the social pressure, the feeling of hiding something to be liked. It feels like guilt, which is something I had to mentally combat for years as I was leaving Christianity. Telling people means that they know what to expect, or at least, know that I am solid and well-read in my beliefs, and this usually leads to great conversations, something I value as a relationship builder with people I care to associate with. As one might have figured, I am very outspoken about politics and religion, and to have to censor that natural inclination in anyway is not something I can tolerate.

Once I am established in whatever trade or field I plan on pursuing, I will most certainly be open about my beliefs. I am all ready hinting at Satanism in my rap music, and honestly I think the hip-hop community is less forgiving for such ideas than average society, though I also believe if they took an honest and informed look at it, it would define the very mentality they wish to live by.
My thoughts and beliefs are based on highly scrutinizing reason, and to apologize for that in any way to me is not only uncomfortable but illegitimate.

Page 48 of 91 « First<4647484950>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.