Page 54 of 90 « First<5253545556>Last »
Topic Options
#44434 - 11/24/10 12:53 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: ParaBellum]
Dionysos Offline
lurker

I never saw any reason to shout my personal views out aloud at every opportunity. As I began to interest myself in philosophy I brought it up in conversations a few times but then grew tired of explaining what Satanism really is every time someone throws in the usual "So you worship the devil?" kind of question.
I am quite open about my views on certain topics such as religion, politics etc. but when I am asked I usually simply say that I am an Atheist, which also is true.

My family is very christian so it would simply cause trouble, for them and for me, if I used the term Satanism on myself in their presence. I see no reason to risk my good relationship to them simply because of such a trivial thing.

You shall hate me for what I am, I shall love you for what you do

#44435 - 11/24/10 02:09 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Dionysos]
HeimiricIX Offline
pledge

Loc: Mexico City.
I myself am not a Satanist in public because I am not exactly a Satanist, however whenever happens to come up the subject of my beliefs, philosophy or religion sometimes I choose the word "Satanist" because even if people has a ill view of it it does simplify things when I explain them what I am about, still, this happens rarely and only with people I have seen worth a good talk on the subject.

Strange enough I never had that "Do you worship the devil then?" question on to me whenever I happened to use the word Satanist to describe myself, so much that even a few times after telling them I am a Satanist I started to explain them that it's not that I sacrifice little children on halloween and they just gave me a comprehensive look and tell me, "of course not, I figure is something else"

Still, my wife/girlfriend knows. My family knows. The closest people that I deal with (let's call them 'friends') knows. My work... well, I work on my own so no boss nor coworkers except my kitty, and I'm sure he knows.

Well, what a trivial question indeed, didn't realized until I answered.

Best.

PS: Sorry for the bad english, I think a few mistakes are there but I'm not sure exactly what.

#46775 - 01/14/11 02:12 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Nordgard]
mr.x Offline
stranger

I wear my inverted Pentagram and my Baphomet shirt with pride.I am not afraid to show in public that Im a satanist.The public and the self righteousness of society today is so close minded they dont even know what the symbols mean and represent.Close minded self rigteous peple in my opinion are the weakest and the stupidest.It doesnt matter what thier upbringing or religous backgrounds are.

#46842 - 01/15/11 01:45 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: mr.x]
Dutch Satanist Offline
pledge

Loc: Delft, The Netherlands
I hope you wash that shirt every now and then, or do you keep a bunch of them in your closet so you can wear one every day?

Seriously though, even though I am a public Satanist, I fail to see why advertising outright in an environment where you will be challenged would be a smart thing to do. It can work against you. I'm lucky that my "milieu" and the people I have around me understand what Satanism is (or more accurately, what it is not).

When I venture somewhere where knowledge of my Satanism will work against me, I *will* obfuscate it. It's just not worth the trouble.

#46857 - 01/15/11 05:16 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Dutch Satanist]
Mindmaster Offline
pledge

Loc: Detroit, MI
I'm a Satanist everywhere, but I do not wear pentagrams and the like to funerals, weddings, and other friends and family events when they are of a different faith. I also don't join in prayers or singing either, but I feel that is my right. I believe it is sort of your duty in many cases to be respectful, and to that standard that has nothing to do with my religion. I'm not there due to a religious obligation, but more my duty to a friend or relative.

All of the rest of the time I generally wear a small Pentagram or some other related satanic symbol and never have hear anyone say anything to me. I do not openly display them to nut-jobs however just because I cannot be bothered with stupidity. If they really wanted to know about my beliefs nothing would stop them from reading the same books I did but they won't and don't. I don't focus on stewing up shit though anyway, and my normal haunts really wouldn't put me next to these folks anyway. I generally have no need to associate with them.

As far as work, and whatnot I don't really consider it their business what my faith is. We are there to work.. etc..

Edited by Mindmaster (01/15/11 05:18 PM)

#46860 - 01/15/11 07:36 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Mindmaster]
Babylonian Dream Offline
stranger

Loc: Upstate New York
I keep my beliefs to myself for the most part. I only recently acknowledged that I was a satanist. I was still getting over the awkwardness ingrained into my head toward anything "sinful" since last year. Amazing how long that can stick to you.

#46870 - 01/15/11 11:50 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Dutch Satanist]
mr.x Offline
stranger

No I dont wear it everyday,only on special occasions.I really dont give a f**K what the so called norm of society thinks eitherIf a certain individual in a public wants to challenge me because of my Satanic beleifs,then bring it on because I love a good fight.If other people want to keep thier beliefs to themselves then that is thier perogative.

#46873 - 01/16/11 01:29 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: mr.x]
anseoasresere Offline
stranger

Loc: Massachusetts USA
im going to church tomorrow with my great grandmother...

this is my person favorite strange church experience: it was a week before christmas, snow is coming soon and the priest says: "we find ourselves in the same position as the meteorologists; the snow might come tomorrow, or next month... it might not even come at all!" at which point the whole church is silent for 10 seconds, too shocked to laugh, and then they do. i am completely shocked that a priest would say that in a church, during mass.

Church is a very depressing place now, and not for the reasons it was a long time ago.

#46882 - 01/16/11 09:48 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: anseoasresere]
Clicks Offline

Loc: New Orleans
I am absinthe drunk right now, but I will try my hardest to make a coherent post.

From the earliest I can remember, church was always a very awkward place for me. People always walking up to me being overly friendly. I really didn't know what to think of it. I was very suspicious of the people in the churches when I went with my family. The last time I went to church was with my ex-fiance about a year ago. People seemed a lot less inviting. I grew up in the Church of Christ, and my ex-fiance's was a Baptist church. Granted I was on leave from MOS school and didn't have any formal clothes at my disposal. I showed up in a gray collared shirt with a Behemoth shirt underneath, some black below knee length shorts, and black pumas. Everyone avoided me and my then girlfriend's family. That trip eventually kicked off the whole series of events that led to our break up.

Anyway, I am a satanist in public, but only to an extent. I wear a Sigil of Baphomet around my neck. I do not try to make it known that I am a Satanist. This works against me and for me. Potential good conversation from a Christian never happens because of the sigil. It keeps the RGPers away from me. I realise they may have something to offer to me. However, it does draw the occultists to me, and often, they have something valuable to offer to me. Most of my close friends in Okinawa right now are Pagans or Panthiests. They know their history, and they know how to read people, I learn from them, but also, check what I can from them against google searches. I do not take what they offer for granted. It turns out, the occultists are accurate most of the time.

#46889 - 01/16/11 03:06 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Clicks]
BoBoBad Offline
stranger

Loc: USA
Most people have no idea that I'm a Satanist. I don't feel that the average person would understand. I am comfortable about discussing it, and if I genuniely like somebody I will tell them. Why? Reaction. The word shows someone's true nature automatically. If they're prejudiced and close minded, you can tell from their body language. If they're more open minded and have read TSB, you may get questions (or a confession).

#46895 - 01/16/11 04:43 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Clicks]
mr.x Offline
stranger

Whenever I get the third degree.especially from a christians perspective about me being Satanic I just lash back out at them with this phrase "How many abortion clinics have you bombed today MF"? Beleive me,it shuts them up everytime.Im sorry to say that I am a christian hater and that will never go away.I dont go to church and I dont hang around those kind..They are the enemy.

#46924 - 01/17/11 09:50 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: mr.x]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
“How many abortion clinics have you bombed today, MF?” That’s the best you can do? It probably shuts the Christians up because they don’t know how to respond to such idiocy. How about using a real argument such as, “I am a Satanist because Satan represents independence of thought. I don’t need a Bible to tell me how to live. If you want to be a Christian, fine – do what works for you. I’ll do what works for me.” If they insist on turning it into a pissing contest, be the bigger person and simply walk away. It’s a waste of time arguing with Christians anyway.

I don’t think of Christians as the enemy. My family and several friends are Christians, and we get along just fine. We occasionally discuss religion, but if I sense the conversation is starting to turn ugly I’ll steer it in a new direction. We’re never going to agree when it comes to religion, and that’s OK.

#46928 - 01/17/11 10:53 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: William Wright]
Fabiano Offline

I have friends of various religions and it's not a problem to me.

However, once I was discussing with a friend (Atheist & opened minded) and when I told her I was in Satanism she told me "But Satan, it's evil!". To what I answered "Your right! Then, burn me on a stalk because it's just & good".

I saw a gleam in her eyes confirming that my message was well received.

It all depends on the person you face when it comes to find the right message to express your ideas.

#46934 - 01/17/11 11:50 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Fabiano]
Dutch Satanist Offline
pledge

Loc: Delft, The Netherlands
I have friends with all kinds of religions and I get along with them fine. I know Muslims, Hindus, Christians, Jews, Pagans, Wiccans and fellow Satanists. What probably also helps with the getting-along part is that the majority of religious people close to me aren't batshit-crazy fundamentalists.

#46943 - 01/17/11 01:49 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Dutch Satanist]
mabon2010 Offline

Loc: The Commonwealth of Great Brit...
CHRISTIANS THE ENEMY?
No. I rather think of them as misguided. If they get in my way I will kick them out of the way.

STRATEGY AGAINST CHRISTIANS
Ignoring them is good. If attacking Christians it is better to come at them with an alternative to their beliefs. As a Monadic Luciferian I have enough knowledge to blow holes in all Christian arguments and offer alternatives. The Christian has God, I have the "One". The Christian has heaven and hell, I have reincarnation. The Christian has prayer, I have "magic".

THE SATANIST V CHRISTIAN
The Spiritual Satanist has a difficult task fighting Christians, since in my opinion there are no entities, and the entity that the Spiritual Satanist calls upon tends to be a Christian version with all its negative attributes. The Symbolic Satanist has it easy as they refer to Satan as a quality of humanity, which is an easier position to argue from.

AM I A LUCIFERIAN IN PUBLIC?
People rarely ask me about my spiritual outlook, but I say I am agnostic from a cautious point of view, and then Monadic Luciferian if pushed. The usual response is "Whats that?" Then I can unleash my philosophy in a way depending on the person and the situation. As I grow in my philosophy it will become part of my life, in what I do, say, act and work. If people don't know what Monadic Luciferianism is then they will know it from my actions, or they will Google it and find my websites. It is probably easier to direct them to a website to save time.

Edited by mabon2010 (01/17/11 01:49 PM)

Page 54 of 90 « First<5253545556>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.