Page 60 of 91 « First<5859606162>Last »
Topic Options
#50385 - 03/03/11 04:23 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: globaldetonation]
Hegesias Offline

Satanism in public? Now that I think about it nobody cares do they really, except for those looking for a more interesting partner. You could get some shit from religious people but then that's always good and a chance to belittle such people into the ground.

It depends on what you define as Satanic really though doesn't it. I mean you can be open about your philosophical and fulfilling lifestyle and be regarded as a Satanist or you could display violence whereby others would say 'shit... that was evil'. Thinking about this I'd conclude that Satanists do as we wish because we have charisma which ought to appeal to anyone with a well cultivated character even the most fundamental nut cases can be fun to deal with if you have a ruthless sense of humour.

(Just for the record. A one Dr. Morose attempted suicide last night. Sadly he is still with us.)

#50416 - 03/03/11 08:52 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Hegesias]
Clicks Offline

Loc: New Orleans
The way I see it, there is a time and place for everything, including announcing your self-given title as Satanist. You should always be aware of the consequences of your actions, and weigh the positive against the negative. As a Satanist, you should realise the social effects of wearing a Sigil around your neck in public, and understand how those social effects can creep into your private life with your friends and family. This all comes down to personal discretion. Do you think you will meet other people of the LHP if you wear your Sigil around, or announce your title? Do you also realise that your vocal or fashion statement may also be heard 3rd hand by someone that you would rather didn't hear? There isn't too much to expound on here, and endless examples could be given. I would say just understand your standing with other people in all facets of your life, and consider how being known as a Satanist will affect you in their eyes, and if you even give a shit.

Personally, my room mates were in office when I received TSB in the mail. Word got around to the rest of the barracks that I was reading up on Satanism, and several people refuse to associate with me now. It doesn't bother me at all, as I am switching duty stations in 2 weeks. I will wear my Sigil at my next command, and if asked what it is, I will explain exactly what it's historical value was, and what it means to me personally. However, unless asked, I will not allow them to know that I am a Satanist. I would prefer I got a foot, an arm, and my application in the door before I started stepping on toes with my own outlook on life. So, again, this is all personal discretion, and I don't think I need to say anymore on this from my point of view.

#50423 - 03/04/11 04:05 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Clicks]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

I must say, freedom of speech and expression of beliefs is all quite dandy and such. But I'm quite frankly opposed to people wearing religious or political symbols when they have to work.

You'll probably never see me wearing a baphomet-pendant or other bodily ornaments when I have to fulfill my duties. Not so much because I'm afraid of expressing my views, but it gives me the sincerity and respect of fellow collegues who see me in a "neutral" position. And quite frankly, that position enabled me to know many secrets of certain collegues, their believes, "secret projects" the firm is busy with and needed a honest and first impression about and a point people will reach out when things get a little hard at work or as a contact to the higher management.

#50426 - 03/04/11 07:18 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Dimitri]
Clicks Offline

Loc: New Orleans
I wouldn't expect too many people would be willing to wear their Baphomet to work. Considering that in most jobs you would be working around mostly Christians of one denomination or another, you don't want to do anything that could harm your reputation at your workplace and possibly keep you from a raise or promotion. I am of the notion that crosses or any other religious item should not be worn to work, if only for the sake of leaving differences at the door.

I never had any intent of bringing anything Satanic into my office, but when my package was delivered, I left it up on my desk while I took a smoke break and someone in the office opened it to see what was inside. My LtCol made sure to counsel me once he found out that I had TSB, and was about to leave me behind on a deployment because he didn't trust what I might do. Ever since, he has been handing me little fliers and pamphlets for his Baptist men's church group. Out chaplain got a kick out of it once he heard. He felt obligated to try to bring me over to the Christian side, and once I refused, he let up and never treated me any differently.

As I said, a time and a place for everything, and the individual in question determines that for themselves, and deals with the consequences.

#50748 - 03/10/11 07:45 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Clicks]
Edyta Offline
lurker

I guess what you should all ask yourselves is, "what benefit is there in revealing myself to be a satanist?"

If there is no obvious benefit (and I doubt there would be, in most situations!), why do it? To "express yourselves"? LOL. How mundane. Spare me, baby.

#50778 - 03/10/11 10:01 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Edyta]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Amarillo, TX
 Originally Posted By: Edyta
I guess what you should all ask yourselves is, "what benefit is there in revealing myself to be a satanist?"

If there is no obvious benefit (and I doubt there would be, in most situations!), why do it? To "express yourselves"? LOL. How mundane. Spare me, baby.

It can actually be a really cool conversation starter in the right context. I've made a few friends who first got talking to me because I was wearing a Sigil. When going clubbing, it's perceived as a nice accessory and gets compliments. Half the folks at Elysium wear massive inverted crosses anyway, so nobody's bothered by a Baphomet...

I don't wear it to work, but honestly I think that would depend on where one works. I wouldn't wear it to my current jobs.

#50780 - 03/10/11 10:23 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Edyta]
Hegesias Offline

Nobody cares what a Satanist is up to because real life evil people find intrinsic meaning in being evil and this means not being a mug.

Unless the Satanist happens to be the usual kind, repeatedly telling their surrounding mental cripples that they're their own God to supply their narcissism. Agreeing with what others say only to acknowledge that they already knew it. Trying to appear evil by wearing faggy/gothicy clothing or metal band shirts.

Come on, does anyone see a proper bastard claiming he's a Satanist? you don't, you just know that a proper bastard is evil. You'll just look like a mug if you don't do any evil deeds in real life whilst going round proclaiming you are the highest principle of evil. You'll get fucked up and left in an alley by somebody that sees you as a target for some fun.

On the other hand, by posing as a harmless LaVain Satanist one may double bluff people into ignoring ones "activities"?

Most of the pretty girl profiles are actually hardcore bastards baiting poser Satanists to fuck them up.

Well we can hope so.

#50791 - 03/11/11 01:43 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Hegesias]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I think it should be some kind of a law that wearing Tripp pants automatically disqualifies you from calling yourself "sinister".

Quote:
Agreeing with what others say only to acknowledge that they already knew it. Trying to appear evil by wearing faggy/gothicy clothing or metal band shirts.

Of course, I already knew that.

Quote:
Most of the pretty girl profiles are actually hardcore bastards baiting poser Satanists to fuck them up.

...or just strange men who wish they had lady bits.

#50795 - 03/11/11 06:09 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: The Zebu]
AdonKilravok Offline
stranger

Loc: Kingdom of Wessex
As far as outing myself in public, I think I go with most here: I don't make it a secret, but I don't advertise it either. If anybody finds out, tough, eat it or beat it. Even at work, being my own boss, aside of my business partner, and my company advertising itself as being provocative and openly different, I can failry much wear anything that does not conflict with public decency laws....But of course I aply a little (un)common sense when choosing from my wardrobe to address customers.

As for my parents, they would be the last ones I'd tell...they would be the last ones who'd support me or approve of it, and my siblings...couldn't care less what they think of me...

Sometimes I dress up outragoously freakish to provoke a reaction, sometimes I wear 'quiet', mundane attire to blend in or be 'invisible'. At any rate, my motive to do something is never to please someone else (unless if its in the bedroom/on the washing machine/in the elevator/...).

And there is nothing strange about men with Lady bits....in a world of diversity and unequality, that is called the 4th (of 16) Gender (female Men).

#50808 - 03/11/11 02:34 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: AdonKilravok]
Hegesias Offline

The best way to be Satanist in public is to appear as one of them. Simply through drawing others to your philosophy with a charismatic persona goes a long way in terms of influencing others. Disorder is taking order and evil is very much in fashion. The Evil One is not based upon destroying religious oppressors but to agonize the meek. The Inquisition were an example of Satanic excellence.

I see that many Satanists on here do not recognise what is good and evil. In not feeling the divine force of evil one is only vulnerable to intellectual and emotional manipulation. Evil does not exist and is a subjective term you say? Unintentional comedy such as mundane serial killers who colour their inane persona with the aesthetic of Satanism and what they regard as the Occult. Those who like to associate themselves with the allure of evil surrounding Satan without believing that The Evil One exists are the expendable tools for His work.

Rather than be a public Satanist why not simply be all that is strong and positive of Satan—manipulative charisma, sinister intellect, unmerciful strength, evil inspiration. You can do all of this looking like a mundane because you are subversive.

#50812 - 03/11/11 08:06 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Hegesias]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
A long time ago I mentioned the idea of Satanic Camoflague.
You dress as you need to, you blend as necessary, you wear what you want. It makes people comfortable around you and more willing to do as you wish.

The thing is to use clothing that works for you. You don't wear ripped jeans to a business meeting. You don't wear a business suit to the beach.

There is no need to advistise to the mundane world who you are unless it benefits you.

Oh, and I wear tripp pants on occasion. ;\)

Morgan

#50815 - 03/11/11 10:42 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Hegesias]
Dave Pellani Offline
Banned. Moron.
pledge

Loc: Hawaii USA
In my neighborhood, what you see a lot of is churches and grave yards. That should tell you something. Now, I am a social animal, not a recluse or hermit. I know alot of people, and interact with them on a daily basis. People of all stripe, race, and religion, or lack of. Fortunately, for me, I have no boss to answer to, and the people who know me have suspicions about my alternative religious views. So, if I can't dazzle them with brilliance, then I'll be more than happy to baffle them with bullshit. It happens all the time, and either way, it works! And it goes quite well. However, when it come to flashing symbols, I have noticed that my charged, stainless inverted Pentagram ring is an eye catcher. People often stare at it with awe and wonder. It's like they trance when they see it. I like to see the different reactions. But I think to flash or display to a non receptive, or hostile entity is not a wise thing to do, if your well being, or reputation needs to be preserved on a daily basis. If I don't know the sucker, and I'm out in public somewhere, and I feel like I'm being detected, then an equally hostile look is appropriate, especially when it's eye to eye. That is usually reserved for a Christian, new ager, or other

I feel like I could handle a conversation with anyone, and I would welcome the opportunity to explain my views on Satanism to any open minded people, and you can usually tell if you're in that kind of company.

One of the most fascinating experiences is that of encountering the look or impression I give to some of the indigenous people of the region, locals and other immigrants from the South Pacific region. Mysticism is ancient in their blood line, it seems to be in the vast majority. But a large percentage of them have been indoctrinated by Christianity, and try to run and hide from their ancient past, which was full of dark sorcery and human sacrifice. There are practitioners of the old arts still around, some with good intent, and some not so good. Even some of the police are into it. That is one of the issues that I have to deal with, and I find that a little devil worship goes a long way, which is something that they fear, or even respect, once they suspect you are of the stripe. So, if you see fear and / or deep concern in their eyes, it's a very good idea to be discreet.

#50905 - 03/13/11 03:39 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
666DemonDog Offline
stranger

I am a totally "Out Satanist". I am not ashamed of who I am or what I believe. I would rather be hated for who I am as opposed to loved pretending to be something I am not.

Fortunately I work at a very tolerant and progressive place of employment. I have lost a few so called friend. No great loss to me, shows who my real friends are and who isn't. My immediate family has no problem what so ever with the fact that I am a Satanist, in fact my Son gave me my first copy of The Satanic Bible when he was 16 years old. My extended family is pretty tolerant. Most of them are Christians and Mormons in name only, they party harder than most hedonists I know...

I wear a Baphomet Pendant, have a Baphomet ring and also a Satanic tattoo of the Baphomet with a Leviathan (sp?) encircling it on my left inner forearm. It freaks a couple of my coworkers out who are either Roman Catholic or Mormon. The residents of the Dorm I run mostly think it's cool. The majority respect me, those that don't, fear me.

Being so open as a Satanist has opened the door for so many oportunities for intelligent conversations concerning Satanism and has given me the chance to dispell allot of the bullshit presented by Hollywood and spewed from behind pulpits.

My Mother-In-Law is a hardcore, right-wing Republican, Southern Baptist. So obviously we don't see eye to eys and I can't stand her anyway. If I had my way, her head would be in a fucking bowling ball bag in my closet! But, then again it has always been that way mutually for over 26 years now.

So I have no problem being a Satanist in public, this is how I first learned the truth about modern Satanism as a teenager, a Satanist shared his philosophy and beliefs with me. I do not try to recruit others, but maybe by sharing what Satanism is and isn't it will get others to think and they may even see that they are either Satanists at heart and never realized it, or at least we aren't the moster we have been made out to be.

#50925 - 03/13/11 08:31 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: The Zebu]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
 Originally Posted By: The Zebu
I think it should be some kind of a law that wearing Tripp pants automatically disqualifies you from calling yourself "sinister".

I don't know. My oldest goes out dressed to the hilt to hit the local goth/industrial punk nightclub and you can just watch the people clear out of his and his friends' way when they stop in a store or stop by the mall before hand. It may not be "sinister" as most Satanists would define it, but on many, many levels it's as "sinister" as it gets. When he first started dressing like that I asked why and he said because if they can't get past the outfit then they have no need to get to know him. It's proven itself to be very affective.

It's one great way to "flush out" those that aren't worthy, in their eyes. And it makes it rather easy. Plus, it keeps the bible thumpers/conservatives way far away and it's fun to watch.

I will say this...the young adults I know that are into dressing like that are very true to themselves on many more levels than those that play the "goodie-goodie" routine. It's something I've been fortunate to experience first hand.

And as soon as I feel I'm back in shape enough (en-route NOW!) I'm celebrating by buying myself a couple of pairs of Tripps that I've wanted for a while.

#50929 - 03/13/11 08:54 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Hegesias]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
 Originally Posted By: Hegesias
Trying to appear evil by wearing faggy/gothicy clothing or metal band shirt.

This line is completely hilarious on so many levels. If your last 2 avatars (prior to your current) were of yourself then you have no room to talk about how anyone portrays themselves with attire, like clothing. Oh, but wait, you weren't trying to "appear evil" in those pics, were you?

"appear evil"...hahaha

BTW...It's LaVey or LaVeyan Satanist. It's becoming a real pet peeve seeing so many people not being able to spell his last name correctly.

**And if I'm wrong, someone correct me!

Page 60 of 91 « First<5859606162>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.043 seconds of which 0.016 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.