Page 64 of 91 « First<6263646566>Last »
Topic Options
#58208 - 08/15/11 07:33 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: a. don]
Managor Offline

-General-

I don't go around yelling about it on every street corner, but I don't keep it a secret. If they want to know, let them. If they want to talk religious to me, I'll talk back, but I'm talking about Satanism not whatever they want me to.
As for my friends, they all know, if you can't accept me for being a Satanist, fuck you, and I don't need you.
My wife knows, my brother knows.

#58224 - 08/16/11 02:14 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Managor]
jaredkk Offline
Troll, banned
stranger

actually no i tell everyone im Atheist which is what i thought ive been for the last 7 years. but now i find myself praying to satan all the time which i cannot ignore and i feel like satan helps me every day in someway. Know what im saying bra? i mean i wear satanist clothes and no one really says shit besides the usual christian. being Atheist is more aceeptable than saying your satanist unfortunately.
#58229 - 08/16/11 02:38 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: jaredkk]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Quote:
i find myself praying to satan all the time...Know what im saying bra?...i wear satanist clothes

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

#58244 - 08/16/11 11:42 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: rob_church]
Latvian Offline

Loc: EU, Latvia, Riga (old town)
 Originally Posted By: rob_church
... to shock the herd and educate the individual... the enemy,the wolf to the sheep mentality and to its followers

I'm devoted adversary and made healthy jokes of xtians, rhp, religionists dogmas and sometimes I wear my t-shirts with Pentagram and other symbolism. I don't do in the work, but in public I do. Main reason - to shock herd mentality and avoid stupid educators, evangelists - I say - I am 'in sorte diaboli' (In direct contact with Satan) and in this way I get rid of babblers.

#58826 - 09/04/11 06:38 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Latvian]
Hegesias Offline

I get you, a good double bluff there mate. I know you are actually into the dark side of society and use the down to earth LaVeyan persona to hide this. lol

In all seriousness, we know that people often present an opposite of what they truly are to the world, but the distinction lies in that mundanes do this unconsciously. They will say “just be yourself” as if this points to dysfunctionally expressing their emotions in public for their self image and mundane modus operandi based on social normative cues.

Such a mundane localised self image based on external cues is under constant threat of devaluation, instead, the Satanist has a clear dialectic ensuing with his dark unconsciousness by the light of the intellect.

Regarding that which passes for modern psychology, of which the ultimate goal of such “psychology” being to benefit society. The dark triad is academically demonised by conventional morality cloaked in a white laboratory coat.

It isn't worded directly as such in the esoteric O9A MSS but this is what I personally see beneath: The black art of obscurantism and dark triad esoteric psychology. Personal manners and a noble attitude bolstering an advanced social strategy.

Although some of us are more “innately” dark triad subtypes, those esoteric and real occult faculties are useless without self-discipline and self-overcoming. Not in a utilitarian fashion without standards or code of personal honour.

The Satanist ought to know he/she is wearing a mask. Mundanes think the mask they wear is who they are, along with abysmal powers of observation (lacking cognitive empathy), they think the mask you wear is who you really are. Maybe you do too?

“hey, I'm a Satanist dude, look at my cooool Baphomet chain... and did you know, I'm my own god and I can do magick!"

*cricket sounds*

#58847 - 09/04/11 05:21 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Hegesias]
Eidolon Offline
lurker

I don't dress in a gothic or satanic style unless I'm going to a club for the same reason that I would only tell a select few people that I am a Satanist. For me, doing so would just result in me having to waste an inordinate and unnecessary amount of time and energy justifying or defending myself against those who are immune to reason.

With that being said I don't try to mask my identity by going overboard in the other direction and wearing flashy clothing and bright colors. I just try to maintain a subdued and neutral aesthetic. I feel that I can be more effective if I blend in with the scenery.

As far as my ideas, I am happy to share those with anyone who is interested. As a Satanist I have kind of a "dog eat dog" or "survival of the fittest" worldview which is strongly influenced by my reverence for Satan. I am happy to share this worldview with someone who seems worth talking to, which I guess theoretically is also my approach to sharing my Satanic views, it's just that with regard to Satanism I don't know if I've ever met anyone (in real life) who I've felt truly comfortable sharing these ideas with. I have told some people that I'm a Satanist before, but have come to regret it later in pretty much every instance.

I suspect that I probably differ from many or most of the people in these forums in this regard, since for whatever reason in real life I just haven't had many meaningful interactions or friendships with those who follow the left hand path or even believe in it with any seriousness whatsoever.

#58856 - 09/05/11 10:29 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Hegesias]
Latvian Offline

Loc: EU, Latvia, Riga (old town)

Originally Posted By: Hegesias
I'm my own god
Hegesias, You're absolutely right! We Satanists are gods for ourselves and it's point differ us from atheists, because, they have opinion - there is no god. We are proud gods. Infidels like xtians, rhp etc are in fear! You are brave one!

Herd mentality always invents god or group of gods. They have fear to live their own life... Even they allow to be brainwashed by hypocritical priests, monks, evangelists, pastors and other ones, who want to become rich of stupid herd of idiotis.

#58870 - 09/05/11 09:21 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
greg boyce Offline
Banned--idiot
lurker

yes i am a satanic pearson but not by choice i was killed in a car accident dead 30 minutes and was brought back to life by satan through a ringh of power

User was banned for being a retard.

Edited by Nemesis (09/06/11 07:42 AM)

#58871 - 09/05/11 09:30 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: greg boyce]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Too bad he didn't like you enough to keep you there.

Now be nice and bugger off.

#58874 - 09/05/11 11:32 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Diavolo]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
Has a "satanic pearson" got hips wider than their chest, I wonder?

OK, OK, I'll bugger off, too! \:D

#58882 - 09/06/11 06:11 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Latvian]
Hegesias Offline

Mr. Latveyan, you may have missed something... I don't wear Satanism on my arm.

I am just a man who has very different priorities. Somebody who has never moved with the times.

#58888 - 09/06/11 08:32 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Hegesias]
RedRebel9 Offline
stranger

Say a Satanist, professionally speaking, exists in a cutthroat corporate world where many claim to adhere to some form of an Abrahamic faith, like for instance, Christianity or Judaism. If not that, they at least declare to, "Believe in God". Some of them may be conditioned with knee-jerk nationalism and/or "patriotism" as well. In the United States those are often linked with "God". Most of these people, who are his peers, are fairly despicable when you get down to the bedrock.

What would be the benefit of identifying yourself as something like a LaVeyan Satanist in this situation? Yes, he might locate other Satanists and odds are they'd be a very distinct minority.

In my opinion, he could be more effectively satanic in this situation by not painting a bullseye on his head. By identifying himself he makes it easier for the weaker masses to pile on him. Even the strongest of people may succumb to being attacked en masse by a group composed of weaker individuals, metaphorically or literally.

I believe I live in a satanic manner and I do not go about publicly declaring I am a Satanist in my professional environment. I do not believe being willfully ignorant or self-destructive to be Satanic.

Edited by RedRebel9 (09/06/11 08:52 AM)

#58889 - 09/06/11 08:43 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
Set Offline
stranger

Loc: Las Vegas, NV
I am a closeted Satanist. Some people assume I am based on how I act, but I never confirm or deny any assumptions. I think that it adds a sort of mystique to my person when my peers aren't sure about what I believe. It's especially humorous when superstitous folk are afraid that I have some sort of godly (or ungodly?) magical power, and can set them on fire with a blink of the eye. I dont see much of a point to boldly proclaiming my alleigences when I can play havoc with certain weak people's fears.

#58896 - 09/06/11 10:02 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Set]
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
 Originally Posted By: Set
I am a closeted Satanist. Some people assume I am based on how I act, but I never confirm or deny any assumptions. I think that it adds a sort of mystique to my person when my peers aren't sure about what I believe. It's especially humorous when superstitous folk are afraid that I have some sort of godly (or ungodly?) magical power, and can set them on fire with a blink of the eye. I dont see much of a point to boldly proclaiming my alleigences when I can play havoc with certain weak people's fears.

And then one day they come bashing in your door with torches and pitch forks and carry you off to a pile of wood in the middle of the town... you'd laugh in their faces!

Sounds a little like some po-dunk town in the middle of Iowa, sounds like some good times!

#58927 - 09/07/11 05:35 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Wicked Satanist]
tuathacoagula Offline
stranger

Loc: Japan
(Assuming this is not too wide of the thread topic)

In thinking about being a Satanist in public, I have been mulling over personal definitions and language. When people (friends, relatives, associates) ask, how do you define yourself? Or do you refuse definition?

It has been noted earlier in this thread, that in some circumstances it is detrimental to go wandering round 'hailing' Satan in case you end up on the receiving end of a lynch mob, whilst others have fought long and hard to be recognised in their own terms. I am being a little over dramatic with the 'hailing' and 'lynching', but I have a feeling that the sentiment is recognised.

I am thinking of control over the self. It would be naive to think that the language used could ever be fully under one persons control, but what labels do you dress yourself in when in public?

In response to this, I have been reflecting on the types of conversations I have had: 'oh, I'm a Buddhist, what are you?' 'Are you an Atheist?' and so on. The usual stock response I give is something along the lines of 'I don't believe in anything' or 'There is nothing beyond the material here and now, so we must enjoy it to its full' (especially when trying to score! ) or even 'I worship myself as I am my own god, and I believe in my own abilities'.

Nothing surprising there. I have even used the term self-centred pragmatist. But as I hinted at above, meaning can have quite a mercurial nature.

Page 64 of 91 « First<6263646566>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.042 seconds of which 0.016 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.