Page 95 of 95 « First<9192939495
Topic Options
#117639 - 12/04/18 10:11 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: FallenHorns]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
Temple of Set. I've never heard of the Temple of Satan. Do you mean The Satanic Temple?
#117643 - 12/04/18 11:10 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: William Wright]
FallenHorns Offline
stranger

Loc: DC
Both. \:\) I believe the Temple of Satan to be defunct at this time. But The Satanic Temple have been personal hero's of mine ever since the Pink Mass, and also their fight against several deep south states to reinstate Pro-Choice laws. But I've heard people refer to TST as ToS(atan), generally lay-people commenting on the Baphomet X-mas displays etc. Apologies, I should have been more clear.
#117646 - 12/05/18 11:52 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: FallenHorns]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
What does their political activism do for you personally? You call them Heroes without actually citing a task heroic.

#117649 - 12/05/18 04:42 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: SIN3]
FallenHorns Offline
stranger

Loc: DC
Personally? It makes me smile. The fact they have managed to overturn laws that were put in place due to religious (x-tian) bias, their defense of the LGBTQ community and their constant fight for religious freedoms in public schools in the bible belt. Schools that want to replace science & evolution texts with creationist x-tian texts, legally taking them to task to also include Satanic texts if these schools insist on using creationist x-tian texts. And invoking freedom of religion with the Baphomet X-mas display. I could go on, but I think you get where I am coming from. As I said they are my personal hero's, they havent cured cancer or ended domestic violence (which would be more heroic in a traditional sense i suppose) but they are the enemy of proselytizing x-tian organizations, with special attention given to organizations like Westboro Baptist. They are a constant thorn in the side of such groups, and are quite vocal and public about it. And they have managed to achieve results, not just another group of protesters shouting slogans into the void.

I am not here to be the poster child of TST (the initial reason i kept my admiration brief), and my own personal beliefs do not quite align with theirs, but I am a fan of their work.

Does this answer your question?

#117653 - 12/06/18 11:33 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
Echo27 Offline
lurker

Loc: United Kingdom
I am somewhat open with my beliefs (mainly my philosophy) My religion is only public to those I trust to not judge me and/or share said beliefs.

I am not the type to wear certain clothing out in public that "broadcasts" my personality (whether is be satanic or something like band merchandise) so I don't do that.

Referring to your last sentence, wondering how people would react, I don't think their reactions would be too strongly negative or negative at all. It just depends if you trust them and if they are supportive of you. If you were to "come out" per se, I don't see why you should expect negativity.

#117971 - 01/09/19 07:59 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: JohnTurk]
GoatFurry Offline
lurker

Personally, I would love to be a satanist in public. However, in the christian community I live in, I'm scared that I'll end up like Micheal Shepard if I do. It's especially hard in a christian household. One mention of it risks me of going to a mental hospital. Honestly, the whole situation sucks.
#118048 - 01/14/19 06:04 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: JohnTurk]
calista p. Offline
lurker

tbh im not LOUD about it but I guess so. I don't really fear peoples opinions of me in general. if someone can harshly judge me over something like that, then theyre obviously not the type of person I want in my life. if the conversation comes up, im not afraid to admit im a Satanist. but I don't wear symbolism much besides a baphomet pendant if anything.
Page 95 of 95 « First<9192939495

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.056 seconds of which 0.033 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.