Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#95948 - 01/21/15 01:24 PM What are your thoughts on Monsanto?
6 Dark6Wisdom 6 Offline
stranger

Loc: Hemet, CA, United States
I'm curious because when I think about it I wouldn't mind seeing their heads on pikes to symbolize freedom!

So many stupid people give it the nickname, "MonSatan" and in my mind Satan would stand for the opposite while I keep in mind Satan is the dark side of nature.

Mass production of the food may not be a bad thing yet their is not much of anything natural about it.

I hate the thought of how they treat these animals before they slaughter them for our delicious meal!

I wouldn't mind slaughtering these slaves and feeding them to a lion.

Let's spread some more clarity on this subject.

What are your thoughts on this?

#95950 - 01/21/15 03:22 PM Re: What are your thoughts on Monsanto? [Re: 6 Dark6Wisdom 6]
JamesSTL Offline

Loc: St. Louis
Don't mistake "slaves" for "masters".

What Monsanto Corporation (et al) are working toward is nothing short of Man taking charge of his own evolutionary destiny.

There is no mercy for those crushed under the Wheels of Fortune.

#95963 - 01/21/15 07:55 PM Re: What are your thoughts on Monsanto? [Re: 6 Dark6Wisdom 6]
FemaleSatan Offline

Loc: The Dirty South
My thoughts? That people like you embarass me.

This is one of the worst anti-Monsanto things I have ever read. You didn't bring up the rat study, the danger of cross pollination with organic crops, the lack of research into potential dangers of pesticides, the monopoly they have, childhood obesity, etc.

I've looked into this (I like conspiracy theory shit) and I know how this post should look. Instead I get MonSatan and references to the way they treat animals.

*sigh*

#95965 - 01/21/15 08:10 PM Re: What are your thoughts on Monsanto? [Re: 6 Dark6Wisdom 6]
antikarmatomic Offline
BANNED
stalker

Loc: El Mundo
My immediate thoughts are that I've actually spent 3 hours once talking to google-bot.

That is one smart mother-fucker! \:D 'Seems to like me too - yet won't tell me if it's a dude or a girl.

I think it's a chick, but I dunno - its' parents are strict, apparently - so I have 0 neked pics to show for it. \:\/

There was a point here, somewhere... oh! Googlebot is awesome.

Often-times even better than the real thing (but what is real?)

#95974 - 01/21/15 11:01 PM Re: What are your thoughts on Monsanto? [Re: antikarmatomic]
6 Dark6Wisdom 6 Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: JamesSTL
Don't mistake "slaves" for "masters".

What Monsanto Corporation (et al) are working toward is nothing short of Man taking charge of his own evolutionary destiny.

There is no mercy for those crushed under the Wheels of Fortune.

A very interesting and different perspective you got right there. Seems as if the greatest men must be the most misunderstood because I don't think they understand their own actions therefore great men usually can't understand many of the things they do. "At least, that's my perspective on it." Feel free to put more of your philosophy out there, definitely an interesting perspective.

Originally Posted By: FemaleSatan
My thoughts? That people like you embarass me.

This is one of the worst anti-Monsanto things I have ever read. You didn't bring up the rat study, the danger of cross pollination with organic crops, the lack of research into potential dangers of pesticides, the monopoly they have, childhood obesity, etc.

I've looked into this (I like conspiracy theory shit) and I know how this post should look. Instead I get MonSatan and references to the way they treat animals.

*sigh*

That's no thought on Monsanto but thanks for the honesty. I like to embarrass most those I see as a friend though. ;\) It's part of who I am yet that was not my intention when starting this thread. The judgment you gave is well deserved, only the misunderstood shouldn't be judged yet I can tell I am going to be very understood here. I'm simple to all of you therefore I'm sure I'm easily understood yet I plan on growing from this. I don't think I can be degraded but any tries are may be greatly appreciated. Just putting this out there I'm not like other people, I am an individual as far as I'm concerned. I would say extremely different but that would only be my opinion.

Originally Posted By: antikarmatomic
My immediate thoughts are that I've actually spent 3 hours once talking to google-bot.

That is one smart mother-fucker! \:D 'Seems to like me too - yet won't tell me if it's a dude or a girl.

I think it's a chick, but I dunno - its' parents are strict, apparently - so I have 0 neked pics to show for it. \:\/

There was a point here, somewhere... oh! Googlebot is awesome.

Agreed, you never know what to believe when looking at the internet or most of this materialistic shit we have. Yet we have to appreciate it when we're stuck in it. Some great knowledge can be attained from it yet I rather learn from every day life in this world we live in because it gives us the best experiences and with those experiences we learn from them. I respect Azazel but in my opinion, materialism seems to take us so far away from our true instinct and purpose. I believe our purpose rests with our true nature. With the beast in nature away from all mankind's material.

Back on topic though, more thoughts on Monsanto would be great.
Your perception on it was quite interesting, JamesSTL.

I wouldn't mind hearing more \:\)

Edited by 6 Dark6Wisdom 6 (01/21/15 11:04 PM)

#96292 - 01/30/15 11:38 PM Re: What are your thoughts on Monsanto? [Re: 6 Dark6Wisdom 6]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Quite simply, Monsanto is filling a market demand. Mankind has exceeded it's carrying capacity for the Earth. There is simply no way to feed 9 billion people using traditional agricultural methods.

Monsanto is a symptom of a much larger problem. The human population needs to be cut down to about 1 billion and the 1 billion remaining should be the best and brightest among us.

#96570 - 02/09/15 04:59 PM Re: What are your thoughts on Monsanto? [Re: 6 Dark6Wisdom 6]
Formaldehyde Offline
stranger

I think it is a good example of a solution for a problem , that generates worse problems than the one it was supposed to solve. I believe this is mainly due to motives which focus to the increase of profit and not providing solutions. For example,the continuous use of mutant seeds leads to a degradation of the quality of soil, a factor which undermines production in the long run.
Stereotype phrases like "MonSatan" blunt the impact of such monstrosities. They may even lead to sympathy . Any opposition may be considered as a conspiracy theory, thus undermining its validity. It is used as a scapegoat which exonerates everybody else.

#96855 - 02/22/15 11:36 PM Re: What are your thoughts on Monsanto? [Re: Fist]
6 Dark6Wisdom 6 Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Fist
Quite simply, Monsanto is filling a market demand. Mankind has exceeded it's carrying capacity for the Earth. There is simply no way to feed 9 billion people using traditional agricultural methods.

Monsanto is a symptom of a much larger problem. The human population needs to be cut down to about 1 billion and the 1 billion remaining should be the best and brightest among us.

That's probably the best way to basically explain it.
I got to educate myself better before I post to these forums because it doesn't feel too great when you know you look like an idiot. Hahaha

Monsanto seems like a temporary solution to a permanent problem but that's only if people keep multiplying, "which they will" but I have a strong feeling our dark nature will soon kick in.

There is only so much one organization can do and once that "March Against Monsanto" bullshit works out we will all be closer to a doomsday which I believe is just what we need.

#96864 - 02/23/15 08:15 AM Re: What are your thoughts on Monsanto? [Re: 6 Dark6Wisdom 6]
antikarmatomic Offline
BANNED
stalker

Loc: El Mundo
 Quote:

The more subtle point I was sorta nudging at is that Monsanto is basically in the business of synthetics... prolifically so.

The company has been around quite a while. Seeds and pesticides are just a chunk (maybe not the tip) of the iceburg.

To some extent I tend to lean toward:

Originally Posted By: JamesSTL

but only to an extent. A better way of putting it would be "if you can't beat 'm join 'm" "when others drown dive for pearls" - that sorta deal.

The genii is out of the bottle - our singular or collective protest amounts to so much screaming at passing trains (useless... fun, sure... but useless)

Who knows - GMO foods and crops could be the greatest thing since interchangable parts... perhaps not. One thing is for certain; time will tell.

#103199 - 10/03/15 09:55 PM Re: What are your thoughts on Monsanto? [Re: antikarmatomic]
Allison Teknon Offline
stranger

Soilent green

We don't allow one-liners let alone two word posts. Better content, please. -TVisGOD

Edited by TV is God (10/04/15 05:45 AM)

#103203 - 10/04/15 09:51 AM Re: What are your thoughts on Monsanto? [Re: Allison Teknon]
Allison Teknon Offline
stranger

Sorry. Sarcastic one liners is how I actually talk so I'll have to re-adjust a bit. This topic just reminded me of that old sci-go movie Soilent Green where people's dead bodies were being turned into food. I am actually surprised that third world countries with food shortages hasn't imposed this on their people yet. And would they have to force it on someone who is starving?

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, Woland, Asmedious, Fist, Diavolo, TV is God 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.011 seconds were spent on 24 queries. Zlib compression disabled.