Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#5278 - 03/11/08 09:11 AM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: TheMask]
rob_church Offline

Loc: alberta , canada
heres a band i discovered the other day auzzy metal and just brutal, techno combined with metal i cant stop listening to them great stuff enjoy may i present THE BERZERKER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeJ2DXW7k3o&feature=related

#5280 - 03/11/08 10:28 AM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: TheMask]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
 Originally Posted By: TheMask

I havent seen anybody else on here much into Industrial stuff tho.

I'm a big fan of industrial black metal. Currently I'm listening Redharvest, Void, Blacklodge and V:28. All the others except Void can also be found on myspace, if you haven't already heard them.
They can be easily found on my myspace from the top friens, if you want to check them out: http://www.myspace.com/adeptussatanicus

Also check the artist Krank in my top friends, great noicy dark industrial...

Edited by MaggotFaceMoe (03/11/08 10:34 AM)

#5281 - 03/11/08 10:29 AM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: rob_church]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

I used to like the Berzerker's earlier stuff, when they still had computer drums. The sound was much more brutal. It's not bad with a live drummer, but it just doesn't make me tick...
#5289 - 03/11/08 11:27 AM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
rob_church Offline

sweet thanks for the links maggotfacemoe im really digging v:28 and now im of to find some earlier berzerker as i cant wait to hear them,even more brutal as you say:)

#5290 - 03/11/08 11:32 AM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: rob_church]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

I will post more great industrial bands I have found when I have more time. But nice to hear you I was of any help.
#5291 - 03/11/08 11:45 AM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
TheMask Offline

Originally Posted By: MaggotFaceMoe
 Originally Posted By: TheMask

I havent seen anybody else on here much into Industrial stuff tho.

I'm a big fan of industrial black metal. Currently I'm listening Redharvest, Void, Blacklodge and V:28. All the others except Void can also be found on myspace, if you haven't already heard them.
They can be easily found on my myspace from the top friens, if you want to check them out: http://www.myspace.com/adeptussatanicus

Also check the artist Krank in my top friends, great noicy dark industrial...

Whoa, awesome dude. I havent heard of the genre "industrial black metal" before but it seems worth checking out. \:o

#5305 - 03/11/08 04:47 PM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: TheMask]
Demigod666 Offline
banned
stranger

Im a big fan of industrial black metal aswell,but i would have to say im realy into Blackend Death metal more just because of my favorite band Behemoth!!
They are the fucking Gods of Metal in all standings,plus i've read that the lead singer Nergal is realy into Satanism as we are an back when he was around 16 him an abunch of black metal band members burned down a church next to Nergals house!!As i can realy relate to that cause i've also burned down a church that is just a block away from my house,So as i read about nergal an his past i felt like me an him are one in the same person you know plus his Lyrics are wicked an his voice is the voice of a fucking god!!I Love Behemoth an for those who havent heard them go check them out...

#5313 - 03/11/08 08:33 PM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: DiabolusFilius]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
Well, on my PSP, I have (in no particular order) Fear Factory, Strapping Young Lad, Alanis Morissette, Bryan Adams, Phil Collins, Devildriver, Scar Symmetry, Michael Jackson, King Diamond, A, The Seatbelts, Craig David, Crush 40, Decapitated, Drowning Pool, Disturbed, Lee Jackson, Feeder, Iron Maiden, God Dethroned, Ill Nino, Linkin Park, Stan Bush, Spectre General (otherwise known as Kick Axe), Vince DiCola, Slayer, Slipknot, System of a Down, Lee Brotherton, Zebrahead, Static-X, The Darkness, The Duke, The Offspring, Goo Goo Dolls, Trivium, Corona, The Corrs, Rick Astley, Paul Simon, The Outfield, Peter Cetera, The Who, this list just goes on.

As you can gather, I have a very diverse taste in music. I especially love metal and 80's pop & rock.

The reason why I love these particular styles and bands? Cuz to me, they sound good. I'm not bothered about their belief systems or what they do in their spare time (and even though I think Jacko's a wrong 'un, I still love his music...). So long as they create music that's got substance, groove and melody, I'll listen to them.

#5348 - 03/11/08 11:38 PM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: DistroyA]
TheMask Offline

Originally Posted By: DistroyA
The reason why I love these particular styles and bands? Cuz to me, they sound good. I'm not bothered about their belief systems or what they do in their spare time (and even though I think Jacko's a wrong 'un, I still love his music...). So long as they create music that's got substance, groove and melody, I'll listen to them.

I dont care that much about the belief system either nowadays even if i still have a dislike for christian bands. I tried to get into Black Metal a bit which failed since i was lazy but one thing i adored about it was the belief system that i thought they had. Later do i find out that most of them are posers and i just got an off-taste for it. I still listen to whats good in BM that i know off but i dont try much getting into it. Satanists dont have to be "hard, black and evil" all the time.

Edited by TheMask (03/11/08 11:40 PM)

#5350 - 03/11/08 11:40 PM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: DiabolusFilius]
DaVinci Offline

Loc: Australia
Music is music. Religion has nothing to do with it -- if it sounds good, listen to it. If you hate it, shut it the fuck up.

\:D

#5378 - 03/12/08 11:43 AM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: TheMask]
DistroyA Offline

I tried to get into black metal also. But I really really don't like it. There's only one song I like out of the black metal genre, and it's a Dimmu Borgir track. Architecture of a Genocidal Nature was the name of it I believe. But even witht hat, I still hate black metal. I'm more of a death metal kid to be honest. God Dethroned, Fear Factory (early stuff of course) and Decapitated are my favourites out of that genre, although Fear Factory are my all-time favourite band anyway. Some melodic death metal seems pretty cool, like Scar Symmetry and early Construcdead. It all boils down to the individuals own personal tastes. And that's one of my personal tastes.

I'm just wondering out of curiosity, for those who are into heavy metal, what was the first band that got you into metal?
For me, it was Black Sabbath, and then Iron Maiden, and more followed later.

#5380 - 03/12/08 11:47 AM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: DistroyA]
DaVinci Offline

Loc: Australia
It was Metallica's "Enter Sandman" for me that got me heavily into metal, but as you well know, Metallica isn't a black metal band. Trivium followed, then Rammstein, etc.

#5382 - 03/12/08 11:56 AM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: DaVinci]
DistroyA Offline

Well, I meant heavy metal as a whole, not just a sub genre really.

On the note of Sandman, I think that was the first Metallica song I'd heard from their repertoire. The best has to be Battery in my opinion.

#5414 - 03/12/08 07:28 PM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: DistroyA]
TheMask Offline

Ah, Dimmu Borgir. Thats one of my favourite bands. I saw them live, it was swell. They arent considered traditional black metal (even though i couldnt care less) since they use keyboards and things to make their music sound great and epic, so maybe thats why you happened to care for them more then usual black metal. \:o Just a thought.
#5434 - 03/12/08 09:08 PM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: TheMask]
rob_church Offline

all i was allowed to listen to was singing bibles as a young child then one day i heard i am the godamm devil by ugly kid joe and it changed my life, not metal by any means but compared to singing bibles it was lol i skipped the whole metallica and megadeath craze after that and just jumped right into ministry/slayer/propain and early fear factory

Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.055 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.