Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#5435 - 03/12/08 09:16 PM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: rob_church]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
Ahh yes, another Fear Factory fan (well, kinda). I still think that Demanufacture is the best album they've done by far, due to the overall sound and the theme of the album. Plus it's almost as raw as SOANM. What's you're opinion on the latest material?

#5443 - 03/12/08 09:56 PM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: DistroyA]
rob_church Offline

Loc: alberta , canada
ha you mean that rap nu metal cross breed lol. not a high opinion at all to be honest:) and yes demanafacture is in my opinion the best as well, althought dog day sunrise just annoys me the rest of the album is gold:)

#5446 - 03/12/08 10:39 PM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: rob_church]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
Hahahaha, that's fucking scary. I've always found DDS to be the weakest song on the album (although every so often, it is refreshing to hear it).

As for the nu-metal rapping, that would have been on the Digimortal album. And I will agree with you that that album is a pile of shit compared to the other stuff. I hope you didn't refer to Archetype or Transgression, since I found no rapping whatsoever on either album.

Yes, their biggest mistake was recording Back The Fuck Up. Without a doubt. It just did not suit the style of the band as a whole.

#5913 - 03/19/08 09:42 AM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: TheMask]
DeathIsWicked Offline
stranger

Loc: Peyton, Colorado
Some of my favorite bands are Dimmu Borgir, Venom, Cradle Of Filth, Malevolent Creation, The Faceless, Metallica, HIM, In Flames, and Children of Bodom.

I do listen to R&B and other genre's of rock but not too much. I really dislike Rap/Hip Hop with a passion.

#6352 - 03/25/08 08:50 AM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: DeathIsWicked]
Sinistar Offline

Loc: New York City
Rap and R&B really hasn't been good for about 10 years now. It's funny how the 2 genres like to differentiate from each other but traveled down that same downward trend at the same time. The music that's out there now is not progressive at all.

Dimmu Borgir is just awesome. In the Christmas edition of Revolver magazine, Shagrath actually stated that the so-called "feud" between Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth is a media lie (What else is new?) and he thinks highly of Dani Filth and co. Awwww, doesn't peace and harmony in Black Metal just give you the warm and fuzzies?

#6375 - 03/25/08 07:02 PM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: Sinistar]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
Personally, I'm more into black metal and melodic black metal. Bands like: Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Satyricon, Gorgoroth, Illnath, Tvangeste, Darktrhone, and other bands of the same type. I honestly have to say I listen to this kind of stuff because when I do, I feel sort of empowered. I'm sure most of you know the feeling, I feel like my body is being lifted. If I close my eyes I feel as if I'm a part of the music. Thats what I love.
I'm sorry I can't stand hip-hop, rap, country, pop, or anything else of the like. I find the lyrical content degrading, piss poor, and almost always too much alike in every song.
The other thing I can't stand is the emo genre of music. Bands such as Death Cab For Cutie, My Chemical Romance, and From First To Last just have a way of annoying me. I listen to any song from any of these genres and I feel instantly annoyed. I don't know why I feel this way, maybe I'm being close-minded. I just don't find any aspects of them at all appealing. As with other people here who don't take to Black Metal too well. Which is fine.

Also I think thrash metal is okay but I don't like listenign to it really. If it's on I wont complain. Speed metal like Dragonforce annoys the hell outta me. >_>. Lol.

Oh an Sinistar I actually remember reading that somewhere else as well. That Shagrath thinks nothing really negative about Dani. But I heard it was just a misonception that they didn't bother publicly clearing up. Either way, it's all good.

#6388 - 03/25/08 10:26 PM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: PigFeeder]
Warschau Offline
lurker

I agree with your perspective on Black Metal Music. It is my true love, and has been so for many years. It's the sound track to whatever I do. Ironing, working out, getting ready for work, coming home from work...you get the picture!

I just joined this group yesterday, and this my first reply.

It's good to meet you!...Warschau

#6481 - 03/27/08 03:44 PM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: Warschau]
PansGirl_v2.3 Offline
stranger

Loc: TX U.S.
Sounds like Metal is the music of most Satanists.... Anyone up for some jazz or swing?

The love of many is the envy of all.

#6497 - 03/27/08 06:57 PM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: PansGirl_v2.3]
Equilibrio Offline
pledge

Loc: Missouri
I'm always up for some jazz and swing. Lately, I can't get enough gypsy jazz. Django Reinhardt, Biréli Lagrène, the Rosenberg Trio...

I've also been getting more into gypsy punk. Gogol Bordello, Zdob şi Zdub, Beirut, etc.

I suppose the fact that I have just acquired an accordion might have something to do with my recent infatuation with gypsy inspired music.

#6501 - 03/27/08 08:12 PM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: PansGirl_v2.3]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
I love swing. I'm also a big fan of vocalists or standards. Folks like Sinatra, Dean, Louis Prima, and Cole. I dig lounge as well. Rockabilly is a fave genre. I love old country. Porter Wagner, Cash, Waylon, Willie, Chet, both Hanks.

#6520 - 03/28/08 02:17 AM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: fakepropht]
Pan420 Offline
pledge

Loc: New Mexico
I love any kind of music if its good, but new music is really taking a turn for the worst. Rap is horriable now, its all the same word repeated over and over. And rock is just blah. But some of the music is still good. Just nothing that they play on the radio, unless you have xm or something.

"Use your fist and not your mouth",
Marilyn Manson

#6524 - 03/28/08 09:03 AM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: Equilibrio]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
I too can't get enough of Trio Rosenberg. Perhaps the best guitarists in the world.
Sadly I haven't been able to get my hands on a cd. I was working on a radio station a few years back and copied two of their cd's on minidisc, but they have since disappeared too.
I must get back to hunting for them it seems...

Edited by MaggotFaceMoe (03/28/08 09:03 AM)

#7418 - 04/08/08 08:25 AM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
I just discovered a new damn good band playing somewhat western tunes and dark lyrics. It's called The Coffinshakers, I thought I'd post a link here should anyone else be interested.

http://www.myspace.com/coffinshakers

I particularly liked the song Walpurgis Night. And now I'm off to purchase their album.

#7433 - 04/08/08 08:15 PM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Wow, very Johnny Cash-ish. They sound good! From Romania? Hmmmm...

#7434 - 04/08/08 08:56 PM Re: Music... If Mayhem can be called such [Re: fakepropht]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
And lets not forget David Allen Coe. Almost unheard of here in Australia, but one of my fav country artists since I was a teenager working in a leathershop and bush art gallery. \:\)

And not country but incredibly good. Frank Zappa. My hubby is a Zappy head and has just about all of his albumn and CD's.

Actually we have a gold album of Sheik Ubeity, with a pictore off the album cover in a frame (as they do) and when my daughter was about 8 and she saw it for the first time she innocently asked "Is that God Mummy?" To which I replied "Your father thinks it is honey".

Sorry slightly off track, but amusing none the less.

Zappa was very bent for one so straight. He was once quoted as saying that drugs were the second most boring thing in the world, second only to religion.

Zeph

Zeph

Edited by ZephyrGirl (04/08/08 09:00 PM)

Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.