Page 1 of 7 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#9641 - 06/16/08 05:00 PM The Temple of the Black Light and MLO
Kelow Offline
stranger

Loc: Sweden
I have been studying MLO for a while and I have learned a lot from my research. I wated to start this thread to see who else, if anyone, has studied it as well. Even on a miniscule level, I would like to hear feedback from how you see MLO as opposed to, say the Church of Satan or the Temple of Set. I have found it to be much more embraceful of the Universe as a whole than other religions or sects similar to MLO.

What do you think?

Edited by Kelow (06/16/08 05:00 PM)

#9642 - 06/16/08 05:06 PM Re: The Temple of the Black Light and MLO [Re: Kelow]
Simon Offline
pledge

You have any form of links to a site on the subject?

#9643 - 06/16/08 05:18 PM Re: The Temple of the Black Light and MLO [Re: Simon]
Kelow Offline
stranger

There isn't a lot of information about it. All I can say without going to deep is that. It's based on gnosticism, however it has a very specific direction. Most of the information gathered is from gnostic writing that goes back as far as the bible and prior. The gnostics actually had their own bible, however some claim it was hidden, for the sake of preserving it since gnostics were persecuted highly for their belief in extremely high spiritual intelligence. Intelligence that would explain how everything came to be and an understanding of where we have come from. They believed the answers are inside of us and all around us. The MLO is a very aggressive version of gnostism.
The primary teachings come from the book Liber Azerate, but sadly I've only found it in Swedish.

The Temple of the Black Light houses the beliefs of MLO.
http://www.templeoftheblacklight.net/

#9693 - 06/19/08 06:26 AM Re: The Temple of the Black Light and MLO [Re: Kelow]
Matt Massacre Offline
stranger

Loc: Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
a founder of the mlo was sentenced in murder!
#9699 - 06/19/08 01:48 PM Re: The Temple of the Black Light and MLO [Re: Matt Massacre]
Kelow Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Matt Massacre
Old news, no one cares anymore.

#10134 - 07/08/08 02:27 PM Re: The Temple of the Black Light and MLO [Re: Kelow]
Greg Offline
stranger

Loc: France, Paris
The MLO is based on a chaotic/nihilistic gnosticism with strong influence and stuff coming from the ONA, especially the nexion concept and the aeonic way.

http://www.facebook.com/revue.diableries

#10205 - 07/13/08 11:08 AM Re: The Temple of the Black Light and MLO [Re: Kelow]
Svion Offline
lurker

I see the chaosophy of totbl as a uncomparable way of thinking, partly because of, as you say, the greater embracement, and perspective of the universe and its aeonic dimensions(in a anti-cosmic way of thinking). Also the spiritualism reflects my interests very much.

The Church of Satan for example, is for me, a totally different kind of organisation, which focuses on the "nature" and "pleasurement" of man, the ego self bla bla.

#12280 - 10/06/08 03:37 PM Re: The Temple of the Black Light and MLO [Re: Svion]
Arkham Offline
stranger

Loc: European Union, Sweden
I think chaosophy is quite interesting, but also a bit fuzzy. Jon Nödveit wasn't sentenced for murder, he helped the murder and were thrown in prison because of that. He commited suicide two years ago.

I got the Liber azerate but as far as i know, it is only avaible in Swedish at this time, but I've heard rumors telling that TOTBL will print English and German copies during 2007, but haven't seen anyone yet.

#27471 - 07/25/09 12:12 AM Re: The Temple of the Black Light and MLO [Re: Arkham]
bluj666 Offline
stranger

Loc: Tennessee,USA
Jon Nödveit wasnt the founder of the Temple of the Black Light, though he was a high ranking member of the Current 218. And personally I think the TotBL is one of the more intellegent New Age Occult practices with sound theory, however I do think some take what they teach a little to literally.
#27477 - 07/25/09 02:15 AM Re: The Temple of the Black Light and MLO [Re: Matt Massacre]
The Zebu Online
veteran member

Loc: Orlando, FL
 Quote:

And he became an hero a few years ago. Again, old news. But just for the record, he wasn't the founder- but he did become an influential member- not minimally due to his band's popularity.

Quote:
I have found it to be much more embraceful of the Universe as a whole than other religions or sects similar to MLO.

I wouldn't say so... they seem to be very anti-materialistic; the way they tend to vilify the ordered universe, as if matter is inherently negative (much like the Gnostics did). I think a part of it is that they're over-reacting against the "rational hedonism" of the CoS. I just don't see how that can be a healthy viewpoint, when their rituals refer to the human body as a "filthy clay imprisoning".... not to mention that it's an awfully huge metaphysical pill to swallow. Frankly, if anyone straight-facedly professed a literal belief in those ideas to my face, I'd probably think they were nuts.

Nonetheless, their magic is quite authentic and complex, unlike most groups that don't go beyond burning black candles and saying the Our Father backwards. I see a lot of Kenneth Grant's influence, especially with their Klippothic stuff. I only wish they'd stop dicking around and release Liber Azerate already, along with all their other stuff. Based on what limited material I've seen so far, it won't disappoint.

#30618 - 10/19/09 07:46 AM Re: The Temple of the Black Light and MLO [Re: The Zebu]
Greg Offline
stranger

Loc: France, Paris
The MLO was established by one named Vlad (in jail) a friend of Jon. At first, the MLO was conceived to be an evil gang of biker and not an occult organization. Today, the ToBL is managed by the guitarist of Dissection, Set Teitan.

Edited by Greg (10/19/09 07:47 AM)

http://www.facebook.com/revue.diableries

#30628 - 10/19/09 11:16 AM Re: The Temple of the Black Light and MLO [Re: Greg]
Nick-Aotmzgin Offline
stranger

its interesting i will read an articales about it and datat sources etc...
wikipedia and google yahoo...
the mnore the better.

#30646 - 10/20/09 12:56 AM Re: The Temple of the Black Light and MLO [Re: Arkham]
Master Magick Offline
pledge

Loc: New York, USA
 Originally Posted By: Arkham
he helped the murder and were thrown in prison because of that. He commited suicide two years ago.

Suicide. That about sums it up. End of f'ing story.

#30656 - 10/20/09 06:28 PM Re: The Temple of the Black Light and MLO [Re: Master Magick]
CJB Offline

Loc: Virginia Beach, VA
Speaking as an Atheist, I don't see anything there that's interesting as more than cool flavor text, and nothing that can be considered as a factual statement with any sort of evidence whatsoever. Maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough?

An interesting question that I think could be spelled out in simple English (or really, in any language. I can put my babelfish in for this...)

What evidence is there for this permeating non-permeating everything and nothing totality and...err...negality...chaos? Simply saying "look at all these old books and stuff and all our flowery words and shit that say this stuff is real!" isn't saying anything more than "I should write dark gothic horror fiction and music and stuff and make money off this shit."

Furthermore...who would want to be a follower of self-contradicting chaos? Seems to me more of a way to escape from their sad lives than a way to actually meaningfully live their lives.

Again, maybe if I would spend more time reading about it, I might find the answers, but from what I've read so far, I could better spend my time doing other things. I find it typically true that if someone uses big, flowery, esoteric terms without any kind of simpler explanation using normal language, they're just trying to sell you something you don't need or want.

Maybe later, if I'm bored, I'll struggle through what I could find and try to figure out what the crap they're actually trying to say, but as for right now, it looks rather silly.

#30934 - 10/29/09 06:41 AM Re: The Temple of the Black Light and MLO [Re: CJB]
Arkham Offline
stranger

Loc: European Union, Sweden
Actually, there are some scientific ideas on this one. Both the superstring theory and Andrei Lindes theory of eternal inflation (or "eternal chaotic inflation", do not know what you call it in English). Both theories says that our universe is not the only one. The superstring theory says that there is one "shadow-universe" in an eleven-dimensional reality. Linde says that we are living in a multiverse, where new universes are created and old colapsing instantly. He also says that the posibility for a universe without "our" rules and laws of physics is quite big. So, Chaos could actually exist in some way or another, though, I've met some members of the Totbl (atleast they SAID they were) and my experience of Totbl is that it is a group of posers and suicidal 20+ longing to be a part of something, and to shine in the light of bands like Dissection, Waitan and Arckanum.

The MC-gang that Greg mentioned is called Werewolf Legion.

Page 1 of 7 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, Mercury_Templar, fakepropht, Nemesis, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Morgan, Draculesti, Asmedious, Fist, Fnord 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.016 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.