Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#97273 - 03/07/15 09:29 AM Re: Religious Animal Sacrifice [Re: SIN3]
JamesSTL Offline

Loc: St. Louis
I would say sacrifice "requires something to be offered", but not necessarily "something to be dead".

But of course, blood sacrifice is undoubtedly the ultimate offering. The finality of death speaks to our primordially innate "philosophy of biology" -- sex and death.

As Nietzsche said, although this is somewhat out of context:

"Of all that is written, I love only what a person hath written with his blood. Write with blood, and thou wilt find that blood is spirit."

Blood is spirit. Indeed.

#97275 - 03/07/15 09:59 AM Re: Religious Animal Sacrifice [Re: JamesSTL]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Does sacrifice require death? Sometimes, but not always. I believe that society, as an amorphous entity, inherently demands some form of death and murder to validate its sense of justification. Whether it is wars, pogroms, lynchings, et cetera. It does not take much more than a few accusations of rape or pedophilia to get even our most flaccid American citizens screaming death threats and howling for blood. Often, far less.

On an organized scale, such as formal wars, and judicial executions, this can even seem ritualistic in form--often producing very strong cathartic and psychologically conditioning effects even upon those who otherwise have no practical stake in the drama. Powerful magic indeed.

Edited by The Zebu (03/07/15 10:01 AM)

#97280 - 03/07/15 11:07 AM Re: Religious Animal Sacrifice [Re: JamesSTL]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: JamesSTL
blood sacrifice is undoubtedly the ultimate offering. The finality of death speaks to our primordially innate "philosophy of biology" -- sex and death.

Most if not all Religions are hard centered on both are they not? Human experience unto itself is concerned with these things and Religions are wrought by expressions of them.

That said, what is in the Blood doesn't appear to be Arbitrary to the person carrying out the deed.

Quote:
Blood is spirit. Indeed.

Spirit (or Spiritism) seems to be what they are offering up in Sacrifice. If the vessel for it happens to be an Animal, people appear to empathize with it, much like people lament over being broke.

#97329 - 03/08/15 07:53 PM Re: Religious Animal Sacrifice [Re: SIN3]
JamesSTL Offline

So what I'm getting at here is that the idea of "sacrifice", being an offering to an exterior sovereign/entity/deity/what-have-you, is not a part of what at least I consider a "LHP outlook", where the "Self" is posited as the practitioner's "center of authority".

I guess "LHP" is somewhat ill-defined, and I can only speak for myself. For instance, would other users consider literal "devil worship"/submission to a sentient devil deity "LHP"?

#97330 - 03/08/15 07:59 PM Re: Religious Animal Sacrifice [Re: JamesSTL]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

That sounds funny to me, given that all Religions, every last one of them, are man-made and these things are just projections of self. Hopes, wants, needs, the Spirit in motion. Even when a person claims to be in the thralls of God, is this thing really outside of them? So when they 'make sacrifice' its like ego-thumping. "Give me what I want!" It be like screaming in a mirror.

LHP isn't ill-defined at all, hell Devil Worship thumbs its nose at the status quo. I'm not saying its in practice by prolifically smart people that blow your mind every time you encounter them. All I'm saying is that there can be no submission if there isn't anything there but YOU.

#97333 - 03/08/15 08:26 PM Re: Religious Animal Sacrifice [Re: SIN3]
JamesSTL Offline

I'm totally with you in that concepts like sentient deities are projections of the psyche, or even the "collective psyche"... or what you've similarly described in other threads as the "meta".

The problem is that this is not the viewpoint of those "believers" who submit to the imaginary unicorn princess.

To the theist, the "not-I" deity is considered quite real and fundamentally outside of the Self, whether in an immanent or transient (or both) capacity.

Unless we are to consider such immanent entities as the Federal Government as a manifestation of our psyche... solipsism, where things get fuzzy.

#111650 - 03/07/17 03:03 PM Re: Religious Animal Sacrifice [Re: SIN3]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Occult Tower - Blood Sacrifice with (believe it or not) Robert Fraize. Haverill, MA gave him a local access spot. Second episode covers blood sacrifice.

Quote:
Reverend Robert Fraize, leader of the Theistic Satanism Church, wants to bring awareness of the practices of Satanism and its teachings. Giving a monthly sermons calling upon a demon to protect and serve the citizens of Haverhill.

I just can't with this shit. To each his own endeavor I suppose.

#113553 - 07/20/17 08:23 PM Re: Religious Animal Sacrifice [Re: antikarmatomic]
Azrael999 Offline
pledge

Bulls eye.

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.