Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#12774 - 10/16/08 11:37 PM Re: Spelling, this forum, the internet, and you... [Re: Disabuse]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Another free tool that I had forgotten to mention in my original post is AbiWord this is another free-ware program that acts like M$ WORD... Although the spell checker is not up to the same standard as that found in WORD... Any unknown spellings can be checked with Google and added to the dictionary...

Three periods after my sentences is just my style on the Internet...

Originally Posted By: Fabiano
And if one day I'm so lazy that I write a very crapy post which fuck your eyes, just skip it instead of whining and complaining about it!

The day you are that lazy just refrain from hitting the submit button... It is that simple... After all what place does lazy or crappy have here? Show more respect for yourself than that...

Did anything in my original original post in this thread sound whiny or complaining? I do wonder... If a stranger came and vomited in your house, would what you do be considered whining and complaining?

~T~

#12776 - 10/17/08 06:48 AM Re: Spelling, this forum, the internet, and you... [Re: ta2zz]
Fabiano Offline

Originally Posted By: ta2zz
The day you are that lazy just refrain from hitting the submit button... It is that simple... After all what place does lazy or crappy have here? Show more respect for yourself than that...

I respect myself that's why I can be sometimes indulgent with me...

Originally Posted By: ta2zz
Did anything in my original original post in this thread sound whiny or complaining? I do wonder... If a stranger came and vomited in your house, would what you do be considered whining and complaining?

Ta2zz, don't feel targeted. I was not thinking about you when I wrote that! On the other hand, do you think I'm whinning & complaining about following the rules?

I think Nem well understood me on that...

#12781 - 10/17/08 09:19 AM Re: Spelling, this forum, the internet, and you... [Re: Fabiano]
Nykky Offline
stranger

Loc: Northern CA
This is exactly why I have decided to work on my spelling, grammar, and punctuation. There is no point in defending yourself when you make a post that has poor spelling, run on sentences, and horrible grammar. What you are doing is trying to defend laziness and ignorance.

What is the reason for posting a "crappy post which fuck your eyes..." on a forum that is all about conversing with other people?

Do you not want everyone to understand the point you are trying to make?

The whole reason for a forum is to interact with other people of a like mind or that have similar ideas, values. Posting something that people cannot read or understand and then trying to defend the reasons why you do it is ridiculous.

#12782 - 10/17/08 09:30 AM Re: Spelling, this forum, the internet, and you... [Re: Nykky]
Fabiano Offline

Quote:
What is the reason for posting a "crappy post which fuck your eyes..." on a forum that is all about conversing with other people?

Answer : laziness

Why? Cause I'm not perfect. I'm indulgent with myself. that's it...

#12783 - 10/17/08 09:59 AM Re: Spelling, this forum, the internet, and you... [Re: Fabiano]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Quote:

And also, I'm always a little bit irritated with I see "rules being imposed". I don't know why, it's a kind of "repulsion gut-feeling"! After all I'm the only one who can impose rules to myself.
So I check my spelling because I just want to do it, not because of this forum rules.

Satanic rule #3 FTW

#12785 - 10/17/08 10:17 AM Re: Spelling, this forum, the internet, and you... [Re: Fabiano]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Indulgence does not always equate with laziness. One can gorge themselves on chocolate and lay around in their pj's all day on the weekend, but when it's time to work or better yourself, a person who regards themselves with a high esteem wouldn't be caught dead going to a business meeting wearing their ratty shirt and food-stained boxers....Don't be shocked to find that your bad posts have been deleted, as you have only yourself to blame. Keep any ramblings or odd trains of thought limited to the shout box on the home page or in the chat room.

#16888 - 12/25/08 09:37 AM Re: Spelling, this forum, the internet, and you... [Re: The Antagonist]
spiderbreeder Offline

Loc: Sydney,Australia
Antagonist, if that's the case you must feel like you're having an epileptic seizure due to the spelling and grammar in some of the posts on this forum lol!
As an afterthought, if MY spelling or grammar is in any way responsible for your twitchiness, I apologise.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.