#9772 - 06/23/08 07:40 PM RIP George Carlin
xear Administrator Offline
Admin

Loc: Los Angeles, CA

#9775 - 06/23/08 10:28 PM Re: RIP George Carlin [Re: xear]
balatro Offline
stranger

Loc: Taxas
I will miss him dearly...the man opened my eyes to much of the bullshit I held dear.
#9786 - 06/24/08 04:25 PM Re: RIP George Carlin [Re: balatro]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
I loved his insight into stupid human interactions.
Wheather it was about dirty words, houses and stuff, or just other things. I will miss him.

#12344 - 10/08/08 12:51 AM Re: RIP George Carlin [Re: Morgan]
BloodHorn Offline

Loc: Stockbridge Ga
George was a great comedian and human being.RIP George Carlin, I hope the after life is great to you.may you make spirits laugh,as you did on earth\m/

#13608 - 10/29/08 01:55 AM Re: RIP George Carlin [Re: BloodHorn]
FlowerPower81 Offline
stranger

Loc: VA
George may you rest in peace. May you be filled with laughter if your looking down ... wait your looking up right?
Well which ever way your looking, keep laughing, they are growing retarded. Hey it is proof that evolution exist ... we can evolve ....and grow retarded as the whole planet goes to kayos. Look at them and laugh! Its going to be a great next few years! Enjoy whats left!

Edited by FlowerPower81 (10/29/08 01:56 AM)

#30060 - 09/26/09 12:10 PM Re: RIP George Carlin [Re: FlowerPower81]
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
RIP George!

He passed 5 days after my B-Day. I hope I can live to 71 and be as honest about everything he was with as many people. He will truely be missed.

Thanks for posting the video clip.

Edited by Wicked Satanist (09/26/09 12:10 PM)

#43583 - 10/12/10 06:29 PM Re: RIP George Carlin [Re: Wicked Satanist]
Alex 303 Offline
lurker

In the twisted depth of confusion that I call my mind... I wish he was my father. At least then I would have some excuse for the ideas that I have.

Ave. Sleep tight Carl.

#44060 - 11/10/10 01:06 AM Re: RIP George Carlin [Re: Alex 303]
Valor Offline
pledge

Loc: Coast of New England
There ae those who touch us and we give them thanks... but then there are those who awaken us and often a thank you isn't enough. This is such the case with George.

With the greatest sincerity, we're gonna miss the hell out of you! I remember sneaking my fathers vhs tapes out of his room during the day to laugh in my pillow all night. RIP

#76944 - 06/07/13 11:04 AM Re: RIP George Carlin [Re: xear]
American Diavolo Offline
stranger

Loc: New Jersey, U.S.A.
George Carlin was an amazingly talented and funny actor throughout his career. My exposure to him was through his later material in the 1990's. It was a time when his cynicism took on a new genius...but what the hell happened? Why become a 9/11 truth-er? He was so brilliant, but I think his cynicism revealed his infallibility. Nobody is perfect all the time. He adopted a conformist, liberal agenda that, on the other hand, was wrong to begin with!

Still, he was great. But I never learned anything profound from him. I just thought like him. He was the comedian. Big difference.

#76952 - 06/07/13 09:59 PM Re: RIP George Carlin [Re: American Diavolo]
evilboy666 Offline
pledge

Loc: Texas
I love the man in the 1970s. his album seven words you can't say on tv had me falling down with laughter. His apperearences on the filp Wilson are classic ! The hippie deepie weather was my favourite !
#76954 - 06/07/13 10:52 PM Re: RIP George Carlin [Re: American Diavolo]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Amarillo, TX
 Originally Posted By: American Diavolo
It was a time when his cynicism took on a new genius...but what the hell happened? Why become a 9/11 truth-er? He was so brilliant, but I think his cynicism revealed his infallibility.

I didn't think that Carlin's response and other material indicated that he was a "truther." Rather, I think that he was sufficiently insightful to say something vague (ironically, like a politician) that would appeal to the audience asking the question, yet squishy enough for the opponents of that audience to not be able to pin down as an accusation to use against him. In other words, he made a Rorschach "statement," from which any listener could take away what he wanted to hear.

The listeners that already happened to like George Carlin and be "truthers" would think Carlin was one of them and speaking truth to power, but being cautious about how he said it because he's a "public figure." The listeners that liked Carlin and scoffed at the "truther" movement would think that Carlin was using this opportunity to make a statement about transparency and trust in government in general, and applaud him for speaking his piece at every chance, even when some idiot was asking him.

Carlin did adopt a liberal agenda. But at least he had the balls to make jokes about rape and environmentalism and whatnot.

#76971 - 06/08/13 01:51 PM Re: RIP George Carlin [Re: XiaoGui17]
American Diavolo Offline
stranger

Loc: New Jersey, U.S.A.
 Quote:
Rather, I think that he was sufficiently insightful to say something vague (ironically, like a politician) that would appeal to the audience asking the question.

See, that was my point. But I look at it negatively. I thought it was more about his career to appeal to the newer demographic. I dont mind that, initially. His claims went beyond vague. That revealed some of his new ideas that didn't make sense. Motivation to believe something is a good starting point for his audience, and you nailed it on his motives at least. Let me find some links on his audience pandering and Ill get back to you so we can deliberate on it.

Again, he had balls in his career, breaking barriers as he went. He just went above and beyond off the stage. Many Hollywood people do this, and it gets annoying.

Edited by American Diavolo (06/08/13 01:54 PM)

#79973 - 08/28/13 08:00 PM Re: RIP George Carlin [Re: American Diavolo]
midnight85 Offline
stranger

I think George was one of my favs cause he had the guts to go on stage with his ideas, just like bill Hicks, but as it got more mainstream alot of people ignored him which I understand but also hate how the media find a underground band or figure then plaster them everywhere so much to the point that we never want to hear of them again...

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.018 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 26 queries. Zlib compression disabled.