Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#9785 - 06/24/08 02:32 PM Zeitgeist
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
Got this from a friend. Found it very interesting, I had to share it with everyone on here.

#9787 - 06/24/08 04:38 PM Re: Zeitgeist [Re: Mike]
Octavius Offline

Loc: just visiting
So what does this information do for you? What does the alleged discountenance of Christian myth have to do with your journey on the Left Hand Path? Does discrediting Christianity make you a more enlightened person? If so, how? I've said it once and I'll say it again...

"Christianity...why do we care?"

Octavius

#9788 - 06/24/08 05:19 PM Re: Zeitgeist [Re: Octavius]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Mike you are not only late but not paying attention to what came before you… I will admit the search page is set up to a weird default, a simple search would not show anything unless you change the dates searched…

ZEITGEIST, The Movie

I myself found the first 30 minutes an eye opener… Never before had I connected Jesus and his disciples with the astrological signs… The rest of the movie along with the cut scenes about reptilians was mediocre at best…

Octavius,

To those of us who started along the path of the sheep something like this can be amusing or enlightening…

Mike was 13 when he first came here to us he is now 15… To one still fresh on the road of the left hand path as well as developing his ideals as a young man, sometimes disproving Christianity can still be quite a formidable want or need… Besides if it turns out to be something he decides to make his life long passion so be it…

Who are you to judge it a waste of his time or Xear's bandwidth?

~T~

#9794 - 06/25/08 12:40 AM Re: Zeitgeist [Re: ta2zz]
Octavius Offline

Nothing but catharsis can come of mocking another religion. Catharsis is a personal experience, and sometimes very necessary for the reasons you pointed out. However, in simplest terms, if you need to advertise your cathartic experiences, you're not doing anything for yourself, rather, you're looking for attention and approval in most cases. If Mike is still hung up on Christianity after two years, regardless of his age, he's either on a slow path, or he's just not trying that hard.

Then again, some Satanists are quite content living a life focused on how to dismantle Christianity. Seems to me there might be better ways...

#9796 - 06/25/08 08:23 AM Re: Zeitgeist [Re: Octavius]
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
Actually, I was just sharing it on here because I thought some of you might find it interesting..I'm not on a "slow path", I'm not still trying to convince myself of anything, I simply thought other people would find this video cool.

And it mentions other religions as well, if you watched the whole thing..The point was that paganism and judeo-christianity might be nothing but symbolism for sun worship.

#9797 - 06/25/08 07:58 PM Re: Zeitgeist [Re: Mike]
rob_church Offline

Loc: alberta , canada
i quite enjoyed the videos, i as well have never equated jebus to the sun so was very educational thank you mike.

i my self care about xianity octavius, because it annoys me to see such blind archaic ideals spewed from the mouths of weak as if they are the only truth,to see the hypocrites,claiming their higher love,while it is just their base human need to survive, glorified in a pious mask.to see its brethren complacently accepting what they are told as truth,to see them trying to infect random people by solicitation,and this is generally accepted in our culture.to see their temples every where i look on every block in every city,to see their propaganda cartoons aimed at the youth,to see their bible camps,youth groups,and feeding the inner city youth,all for one purpose. i will be an enemy of xianity and any other religion,group,denomination,sect that militantly claims to have the truth. until the day i don't have to see this hypocrisy.

you speak of enlightenment and not caring octavius, yet here you are on this thread trying to belittle some one who you view as much less enlightened on a subject you claim to not care about. seems to me,the enlightened would not need this self gratifying drivel on such a lower being no?.

fuck enlightenment and its spiritual,esoteric and pretentious usage.those that claim to be enlightened are usually the ones farthest from it at least in my views.

#9798 - 06/25/08 10:15 PM Re: Zeitgeist [Re: Octavius]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: Octavius
Nothing but catharsis can come of mocking another religion.

Ah here is the problem Mike, Rob, and myself consider something such as this movie simply another tool used to study a religion… Perhaps to try to understand its power over so many… Yet you Octavius seem to perceive this as mocking… Why is evidence behind the truth of Jesus automatically mocking religion to one such as you?

However, in simplest terms, if you need to advertise your cathartic experiences, you're not doing anything for yourself, rather, you're looking for attention and approval in most cases.

How human it would be to ever do anything for attention or approval of your peers… Do you like feeling accepted by your peers? It is a human want and/or need…

Why do you do your videos if not to feel accepted by your peers? It is nice to feel accepted and useful in your contributions no? Therefore to look for attention or acceptance would only be doing something for no one but you… More so when purging oneself of something emotional or distressful…

If Mike is still hung up on Christianity after two years, regardless of his age, he's either on a slow path, or he's just not trying that hard.

To who’s standard yours? How advanced are we to believe you were at age 15?

Then again, some Satanists are quite content living a life focused on how to dismantle Christianity. Seems to me there might be better ways...

And again I say, who are you to judge what one or another spends his time doing? Who are we to judge what may be one mans passion?

Do what you will while being responsible for the things you do, live life to its fullest, and enjoy yourself while doing so…

peace

~T~

#9799 - 06/26/08 03:00 AM Re: Zeitgeist [Re: ta2zz]
Octavius Offline

Ugh. I don't have the time or desire to get into this with you. Suffice to say that the links are fraught with vague, albeit interesting, theories that are presented as fact. Furthermore, the interpretations and translations of the bible, along with its subsequent history, should render it an obvious work of PURE FICTION. Any validity it may have held has been lost in translation or edited by political motives ages ago. Do you know how easy it is to make a video presenting information as "fact"? I do. ;\)

Yes, it's great to get new views on religious theories. What I object to is the same thing I've objected to since I joined the 600 Club: all the attention that Christianity gets here. Why isn't there more interest in researching current satanic thought and exploring the possibilities of publication of new satanic material? Why are we rehashing the "what ifs" of Christian, Egyptian, or Pagan history? Yes, yes. We learn from our past. But what are we DOING about it?

The main point I'd like to make is that you should do your own research. Read books. Don't use YouTube and Wiki as sources of reliable information. If you think that you're getting reliable or factual information that easily, you're fooling yourself.

Edited by Octavius (06/26/08 03:07 AM)
Edit Reason: clarity

#9800 - 06/26/08 03:13 AM Re: Zeitgeist [Re: rob_church]
Octavius Offline

Originally Posted By: rob_church

i my self care about xianity octavius, because it annoys me to see such blind archaic ideals spewed from the mouths of weak as if they are the only truth,to see the hypocrites,claiming their higher love,while it is just their base human need to survive, glorified in a pious mask.to see its brethren complacently accepting what they are told as truth,to see them trying to infect random people by solicitation,and this is generally accepted in our culture.to see their temples every where i look on every block in every city,to see their propaganda cartoons aimed at the youth,to see their bible camps,youth groups,and feeding the inner city youth,all for one purpose. i will be an enemy of xianity and any other religion,group,denomination,sect that militantly claims to have the truth. until the day i don't have to see this hypocrisy.

So what are you DOING about all your annoyance? Are you working on anything to actually manifest the day you "don't have to see this hypocrisy"?

#9810 - 06/26/08 06:39 PM Re: Zeitgeist [Re: Octavius]
rob_church Offline

Loc: alberta , canada
well many years ago i tried to mass educate i was the one going into xian chat rooms and spend hours talking to people trying to educate or bring the jw ,and Mormons into my house and pointing out flaws in their logic,i also got people of like minded interest/sponsors and even had 2 foot soldiers more or less, and i created a flyer called test your faith the idea behind it was to make it initially look like a xian document so they would say ohhh i want to test my faith as if it was a joke,the first one was 7 questions one from each of the sponsors and my bright idea was to put them up in washroom stalls because well if you are going to read anything ,its in the can. and up they went, when one was torn down another would take its place. the first flyer went on for some time. then i decided to put out another one but this time no sponsors

flyer 1

flyer 2

(keep in mind this is many years ago, so i was not a graphic designer then i was still working with collage cut and paste style media lol hence why they look so crappy)

but any ways the second one was more in your face, and they went up everywhere,including the cars of those in church's one Sunday me and my little foot soldiers hit 4 churches every car in the parking lot this went on for a while.then one Sunday the preacher asked his congregation if anyone knew who was doing this and my little sister the good little xian slave she is stood up and said its my brother so blamoo i was on the churches prayer list for some time and eventually had to go to the preachers house to get it taken off..but im rambling out of all that..i got one response it said and i quote( why don't you leave your name do you not want god to know who you are?) one fucking crazy response..for all the planning organizing,leg work ect.i realized then its a war i cant win by education/logic as the sheep don't want to look.oh how many hours i have wasted talking to a brick wall.

so to answer you question about what am i doing now about it not a fucking thing.if i see some one handing out bible books and shit i will get many say their for my friends and throw them in the garbage usually as im leaving so the fuckers can see it go to waste, as i know it cost them money to print,i openly oppose xian influence where ever i see it.i got tired of trying to educate those who don't want to listen, fuck them now i just openly mock,ridicule,belittle,crush their sad beliefs when ever i get a chance, call it a hobby if you will.

#10990 - 08/24/08 11:11 AM Re: Zeitgeist [Re: Octavius]
DemonProphet Offline
stranger

Loc: Maryland, USA
First let me thank Mike for posting the video, it was very interesting, as I have never seen it, nor did I ever make any connection such as that proposed in the video. Kudos.

Now for the fun part . . .

Ugh. I don't have the time or desire to get into this with you.

Yet you still take the time you don't have to type out a lengthy reply which you apparently have no desire to do.

Do you know how easy it is to make a video presenting information as "fact"? I do. ;\)

I've noticed. I've also noticed that when you compare what you say in your videos to what you say in your posts, you seem to end up being the very thing you claim to be against.

The main point I'd like to make is that you should do your own research.

If this was your main point, why not just come right out and state that in the beginning, instead of dragging it out in so many posts? Is it that you wanted to try belittling some one your self before finally getting to the "punch line"? Could it possibly be severe insecurity with yourself that I'm starting to see develop as I read more and more posts with your name on them? Research can take on many forms. Every individual will tend to go about it in their own way; not unlike most everything else in this world.

Yes, it's great to get new views on religious theories. What I object to is the same thing I've objected to since I joined the 600 Club: all the attention that Christianity gets here.

If it bothers you so much why subject yourself to it? If you come across a topic that you object to can you not click the back button? Your videos make it seem as if you would gladly use that ability, yet your written words speak the opposite. What is your goal?

#11016 - 08/25/08 06:32 PM Re: Zeitgeist [Re: Mike]
Succubus666 Offline

If anyone is interested in watching the entire movie online in one place without switching betweem screens, the full version of the film, which is just over 2 hours long, has been posted on the website:

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/main.htm

#11125 - 08/31/08 06:08 PM Re: Zeitgeist [Re: Succubus666]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
The first part is quite interesting. It shows how most religions are essentially based off of the same ideas, Pagan and Christian alike.

But what I don't like is that while the ideas presented are generally true, the author presents vague conclusions as fact, and much of the evidence is filled with inaccuracies, half-truths, and blatant misinterpretations. He tries too hard to draw links to things that aren't there.

Also, to Octavius, it seems to me like some people tend to completely flip out whenever anyone even mentions the word "Jesus". Yes, we should not focus all our attention on Christianity, but the fact remains is that it is still one of the closest and most prominent manifestation of ignorance present in our society. We can't ignore it or stick our heads in the sand. Just as long as we don't fall into an obsessive hatred like some people do, the more adversarial-minded people should be free to undermine Christianity (or any idiotic idea for that matter) in an intelligent and rational manner.

Edited by The Zebu (08/31/08 06:17 PM)

#11170 - 09/02/08 09:02 PM Re: Zeitgeist [Re: The Zebu]
Octavius Offline

It is my opinion, that after the necessary catharsis of Abrahamic indoctrination is over, hatred of any religion is merely an exercise in wasted energy. I can and do ignore Christianity. What will I gain by crusading against it? If people choose to be ignorant by following Abrahamic traditions, who am I to say otherwise? It is not my place as a Satanist to convert anyone. This is where LaVey was flat out wrong. Yes, it's good to challenge everything, but the minute you try to usurp the role of your enemy, you become that which you are working against. "Undermining" theists is pointless. If this is your goal, ask yourself why. Is it so that more people come to understand your "truth?" Who's the zealot now? Act with purpose. Make sure your purpose is sound.

Of course, there are exceptions. When religion becomes political, it effects all of us. Then it is time to raise a voice against it. When any religious zealots come knocking at my door to peddle their faith, I politely ask them to leave. If they insist on giving me the "good news" I simply close the door. The goal should be elimination, not indoctrination.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 27 queries. Zlib compression disabled.