Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#9848 - 06/27/08 10:39 PM Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker game
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Hi Guys,

For those interested in playing some poker, Fake Prophet and I are setting up a time for those interested from the 600 club to play some poker against each other on

Friday Night July 11th at 9pm EDT, US time.

That will be Saturday 12th 10.30am CST in Australia.

Any others I'm sure you can work out for yourselves. Obviously you can join the game later than the start time, if you are somewhere that makes that time unsuitable for you, but we would prefer to keep the start time where it is ATM.

We will be playing no limit texas holdem. I would say that we will keep the blinds low this first time around say 10/20 (unless you guys want to make them more?) and there is no real money involved, but rather points.

We will be playing at a private table, just for us 600clubbers. I think that there will also be a range of skill levels, so if you are only new to the game, don't be afraid to give it a go!

If you are interested in playing, you will need to have either a Myspace, Facebook or Hi5 account, and will then need to have a poker account with one of them also.

So get practising kiddies!

For more information please PM either myself or FP.

Zeph

#9861 - 06/28/08 10:08 AM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: ZephyrGirl]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
Would that be like the Texas Hold 'em account I saw in Facebook applications? Well IS that what it is I suppose I should say. I would gladly come, I'm just going to figure out what time it would be and if I can make it. I'll most likely be seeing you there.

I'm in Eastern Time Zone - Montreal, Quebec. I've been trying to find out what time it would be for me, but for some reason different things, give me different answers...

A site said I would be 9 PM, my phone is showing that it would be 11:48 PM in Adelaide if it is 10:18 AM here.

I'm going to keep looking, if anyone knows the immediate answer, just post it here I suppose. I'll be checking up.

See you soon.

In waiting,
~Snow~.

Edited by PigFeeder (06/28/08 10:19 AM)
Edit Reason: Added Time Zone difficulty.

#9888 - 06/28/08 09:32 PM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: PigFeeder]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Piggy, 9pm EDT is the same time in Montreal according to my favourite timezone site, The world Clock.

Zeph

#9904 - 06/29/08 11:51 AM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: ZephyrGirl]
PigFeeder Offline

Okay so you and I are 12 hours apart? Makes sense. Thank you very much for going out of your way.

Was I right, is the poker you are talking about the Texas Hold 'em App' in Facebook?

I had it added once but deleted it I think, if it's the one I'm thinking of, I'll re add it. Or you can add my Facebook Zeph. My name is Mike Snow, then just invite me to the application/game, and I'll add it to my sidebar.

My regards,
~Snow~.

#9973 - 06/30/08 08:50 PM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: PigFeeder]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
I don't have a Facebook account, but I have played against plenty who do, so I assume it is the same thing. I added a Texas Hold'em app to my Myspace, and that gained me entry. I play against a bunch of players using different sites, mostly the ones Zeph listed. So I speculate they all run off the same application. There is a link to see who is playing and a way to list friends so you can find them and join them.

Zeph, maybe we ought to push the date out a little further to allow others interested to familiarize themselves with the play and time zones, etc.

Either way, If I am online on Myspace, I'm usually game for some play. Anyone using that can invite me or find me. In fact, if I am not terribly busy or pressed for time, I am always game for some head's up or a sit and go. Free or for cash.

#9977 - 07/01/08 12:40 AM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: fakepropht]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

I think we should stick to the time listed, but then if we enjoy it, we can maybe make it a monthly or quartlery event?

Yes, it is the same application from all those accounts, its the Texas Holdem Poker by Zynga.

Zeph

#9978 - 07/01/08 12:41 AM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: ZephyrGirl]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Oh, ps Piggy, the 9pm Friday night is your time. The first time listed is a US time,

I have put the Australian time underneath, so it's not 12 hours difference.

Zeph

#10005 - 07/01/08 07:49 PM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: ZephyrGirl]
PigFeeder Offline

Oh boy, stupid mistake on my part. Haha.. Well either way, I'll be there. I've added the app and have started practicing. See you all at the table. Good luck. ;\)

~Snow~.

#10015 - 07/02/08 12:07 AM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Big Slick

I will need a reminder. My mind wanders. I forget commitments.

#10156 - 07/10/08 06:59 AM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: fakepropht]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

OK, here is a reminder for friday nights poker game.

I will post on here the server, table name and password 10 mins before start time so that anyone can come join in (although there is limited seats at the table, anyone can come and chat and come and go at their leisure).

Zeph

#10161 - 07/10/08 07:50 PM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Big Slick

Hmmm. See I knew we had this set up. But I forgot the time. I was pondering taking my wife for another tattoo and getting myself the second one I had my artist draw up. No problem, I will push that off to another day. I will try to log on to myspace prior to the arranged time. Look for you, maybe work out whatever kinks there might be. LOL, my A4os took out a guy with pocket Ladies last night in the live game I play. He played it miserably, especially after the flop when I caught 2 pair. Never once reraised me, check raised me, or showed muscle. Though when he didn't catch on the flop and an Ace hit the board, he was right to just call. But then move all in on the river?

#10164 - 07/10/08 08:23 PM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: fakepropht]
PigFeeder Offline

Well looks like I won't be able to make it after all.. I hope this gets arranged again sometime.

Turns out I'm working 'till 6:30, then taking my girl out for the weekend. I apologize, and as previously said, I hope we can make arrangements for next time.

Take care everyone,
and to anyone who goes, have fun, may lady luck be with you, and the cards smile in your hands.

~Snow~.

#10175 - 07/11/08 07:49 PM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: fakepropht]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Nice hand. Yes, I find that if I have a strong pair dealt me I generally make a big bet, to scare away as many of the people holding hands like the one you talk about as possible.

Still, when playing for points, there is often one who will still call you with a shit hand, just because.

Anyway, I don't want to give away all my playing techniques yet ;\)

BTW, I've done a little checking about bugs, and found that unlees someone stays in the table once it is made it disappears, soooooooo, I will create a table on the Gold Coast server call it The600Club and make the password 666 at about quarter to 9 (your time) and wait in there for any takers.

At this point I'll leave it with the standard 9 players, although I don't think there is 9 of us playing yet.

If it turns out that no one comes then I'll go eat worms LOL, no I won't care, so don't feel over obligated. I shall hang around for about an hour before I delete the table.

Cool Guys, so to recap

Gold Coast server
Private Tables Tab
Table Name = The600Club
Password 666

Zeph

#10180 - 07/11/08 11:38 PM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Big Slick

Yes, I will toot my own horn. I came out the big winner. I had to rebuy twice. But eventually, I took all of Zeph's chips and another Aussie bloke's. I ended up doubling up for the night.

Zeph, if we get enough interest and players, we might be able to organize a tournament session similar to the one I play in on Tuesday nights. Points are awarded based on your finish. The top point earners are invited to play in a special tournament where the winner gets an entry into the WSOP and all expenses paid. Though I ain't paying for any one to go to Vegas, we might be able to score players and then hold a special tournament for fun for top players. Just a thought.

#10187 - 07/12/08 06:15 AM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: fakepropht]
Speedy Offline
lurker

Loc: Adelaide, Australia
Ok then, yes it was fun for a while. But being the other Aussie bloke whose chips you removed during the game, I am obviously not entirely satisfied with the end result.

I could hear you tooting your own horn from all the way down here in Adelaide. I admit that have a few wounds (nothing serious) ;\) that I hope with some care and some rather extensive reading of some poker literature will heal very soon. Thank you by the way for the lead to the afore mentioned poker literature. I will be more prepared for the game next time, if given the opportunity to play poker with you again.

I have at least learned something from todays chip pilfering efforts of the victorious Fakepropht. If I get a rush of blood during a poker game and my confidence is at an all time high, I should think very seriously about following a more experienced player than I to go "all in"

I hope that a few more people can come and join us in what, (for me anyway) was a bloodbath ;\)

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.