Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#10197 - 07/12/08 04:46 PM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: Speedy]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Ah, I was not aware that you are indeed the one that I so greedily robbed. Welcome. It was a fun little game. More so for me I guess. I will drop a few hints to you to tighten up your game. Know when you are beat. There were many hands that you should have given up on. When you do buy and read a book, make sure it has a good, easy to understand section on odds. Outs, implied odds, pot odds, etc. If you are drawing to one card, and getting less than 3-1 odds to call, fold the hand. Explore the re-raise. So many players online are afraid to use the re-reaise. Though I liked your aggressiveness when you had trip Q and I had a pair of Aces. I should have bailed on that hand. But there was a chance another Ace would come and kill your Queens.

As to why I raise 35. It disguises my hand. It is 3 1/2 times the big blind. So if we were playing $100 a hand, I would make it $350. Or if it was $4 a hand, I would make it $14. That is enough to scare out the people with a weak hand, yet just enough to get a call from someone with a strong hand. Now, if I consitently raise the same amount each time, my opponents won't really know if I am holding pocket Aces or a lowly 8 3. Then depending on the flop, and my position, I can decide to follow up with a bluff if nothing hits for me, or fold, or play it strong if I do have a great hand.

Anyway, I hope that gives youa few hints. Also, I hope that more folks come join us. It was a fun game, and didn't cost anything. Xear? Daevid?

#10220 - 07/14/08 04:17 AM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: fakepropht]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Yes a few more would be good. There was only the three of us this time, although my daughter played my hand for a little while (taking all of Speedy's and FP's money at one point she did), but experience won out in the end and she lost it back.

I lost a little, although no where near enough to be upset about.

So I'll set another date for about a month away, lets say

8th August 9pm EDT again. That's EDT US TIME PIGGY. LOL

That is flexible though, if you have a time you would prefer (and are going to show up for).

Thanks again Speedy and FP for a good time.

Zeph

#10221 - 07/14/08 04:18 AM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: ZephyrGirl]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Oh yeah, about time you stopped lurking and started posting Speedy. When am I going to see that one on guns etc, I know you've been writing?

Zeph

#10222 - 07/14/08 08:40 PM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: ZephyrGirl]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

I hope to make the next one...

~T~

#10246 - 07/16/08 06:41 AM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: ta2zz]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Cool, although I'm still waiting to beat you at 8 ball. LOL

Zeph

#10269 - 07/17/08 09:07 AM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: ZephyrGirl]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
Same, I'm hoping to make it to the next one. The only thing that gets in the way is work, and I'm usually home at 9.

Just a suggestion, should we make it in 2 weeks instead? A month seems an awful long time, especially for someone like me who missed it. Get back to me on it.

Take care,

~Snow~.

#10277 - 07/17/08 09:08 PM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: PigFeeder]
Big Slick

I am ready to play at any time. But I have some commitments that require I get a little notice before I can say I will be there. Two weeks works for me, I think.

#10393 - 07/30/08 09:23 PM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Big Slick

Whew, I almost forgot this was the 8th. I was thinking it was this weekend. I thought I was going to have to bow out. I should still be able to make this. Yes, I am guilty of giving this a bump. Only because I want to remind folks this is coming up. My skills may be a bit rusty this go around. I haven't been able to fit in a single game since the last game we played. Been far too busy. But I still keep in practice in the live game each week. Speaking of.....last night did I ever walk into a bloodbath. Late in the tournament. I was fresh off a beating I took from being in the big blind. I was still stacked pretty well. As dealer, I thought I would try to steal the blinds by doing my standard 3x the blinds. I had K3 suited. I was only hoping to pick on them and cause them to fold. Well the big blind raised me back. He moved all in, which was only a few 1000 more. Now I had to call. I walked into his pair of Aces. Bad timing. I ended up going home shortly after.

#10522 - 08/06/08 11:17 PM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: fakepropht]
Big Slick

BTW, if anyone cares, I have a poker group on myspace. Nothing much happening there right now. Maybe with more members it would pick up. Also, my myspace page offers rants and insights to playing the game. I have it set to private. Drop me a PM if you would like to join, and I will add you. I am no pro, but I play a lot, and have seen and been involved in some crazy stuff. Perhaps I can offer some advice to improve your game. Zeph is no slouch either.

#10523 - 08/07/08 12:15 AM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: fakepropht]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

oooow, jeez shucks FP, thanks for the compliment. I've been on a loosing streak lately, I've dropped way back down in points again........

guess that's why I rarely play for money atm.

Zeph

#10558 - 08/08/08 09:34 PM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Big Slick

LOL, after you left tonight, I did fleece them. I think I took every pot thereafter. I had 99 and 77 back to back and hit for trips. Next was AJ and hit an A. Then to add insult to injury, and cause the entire table to leave, I hit 3333. I played my 33 for a standard raise. I hit a 3 on the flop, with a possible flush draw out there. I bet pot and was called. When another 3 came on the river, I just about spit beer on the screen. I bet pot again, hoping he was chasing a flush draw. I don't even remember what the last card was. I bet pot again, hoping for a call. By then the pot was 540. He called and when I showed my Quads, everyone bailed!!!! It was like I farted in church. I guess I should rub my Baphomet statue prior to playing more often \:\) In fact, I may bring it to the live game I play and use it for a card capper. That should surely put the fear of God in them.

#10559 - 08/08/08 09:37 PM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: fakepropht]
Big Slick

And what the hell with catching pocket pairs so often and then having them hit? I only wish I could have that same luck when I am playing for real money.

#10560 - 08/08/08 09:56 PM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: fakepropht]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Cool. They were arrogant fuckers looking for a thrashing, I told you I had a feeling you would.

I'm just going to keep building points again, see if I can crack that 250k mark this time, without going on tilt and loosing everything LOL.

Try again for 4 weeks time, hopefully we will get some more takers? What is up with everyone? Scared or a little ole FakeProphet and Zeph? (winks at FP, maybe that will get them riled up).???????

Zeph

#10567 - 08/09/08 02:06 PM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
sorry, just forgot.
I will remember next time.
\:\(

#11118 - 08/31/08 12:27 AM Re: Myspace, facebook, Hi5 and the 600 club Poker game [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
General open question....

What makes a good poker player?

I'm kinda new at this.
I was just watching the last hand of the wpt and it was one guy with a k&7 and another with an 8&7?
Anyway, the guy with the k&7 won over a million bucks with 2 pairs 3&7's.

Is it being able to see beyond the odds and take a chance that makes a winner? I just dont see how playing it safe all the time will win you anything.

Am I wrong?

Thanks,
Morgan

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.