Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#99216 - 04/30/15 11:55 AM Is Walpurgisnacht Dead?
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
Here it is, Walpurgisnacht, the Night on Bald Mountain holidate in the 1966-75 Church of Satan, when we never failed to hold Nameless Rites & Unspeakable Orgies all over the United States ...

And here's the 600C today, supposedly the bastion of Satanism-per-se today, and not even an electronic commemorative twitch!

Just one more sign of the deterioration of morals [well, perhaps that's not the right word] in the younger generations today. Shocking, just shocking ...

#99218 - 04/30/15 12:28 PM Re: Is Walpurgisnacht Dead? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
antikarmatomic Offline
BANNED
stalker

Loc: El Mundo
Heh. To be honest, I sometimes forget my own birthday (supposedly the highest holiday of them all). Often I wake up and see that someone said "happy birthday! - what are you doing later? Wanna go out for drinks?" then I check the calendar and go confirm that it is, actually, my birthday.

It's been like that for the last decade or so. Everything just up and incremented a few notches time-wise, for reasons unclear. Days became minutes, weeks became hours, months became days... etc. I think terms of months, what with all the electronic reminders of what "minute" it is. 'could have either to do with my metabolism or just the over-all pace of things now-a-days. *shrugs*

Originally Posted By: MA
And here's the 600C today, supposedly the bastion of Satanism-per-se today

Well, it's a forum. I would argue that the bastions of "Satanism" are well-engrossed within the entertainment industry or drug trade; having other stuff to do aside from hone their writing skills (unless they authors)

Originally Posted By: MA
and not even an electronic commemorative twitch!

I think there's one in the shout-box.

Anyhoot, Happy Walpurgisnacht to ye. Cheers! Now I'm in the mood for beer!

#99219 - 04/30/15 12:51 PM Re: Is Walpurgisnacht Dead? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
JamesSTL Offline

Loc: St. Louis
 Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino
And here's the 600C today, supposedly the bastion of Satanism-per-se today, and not even an electronic commemorative twitch!

I don't know about all that.

Anyway, Walpurgisnacht. Yeah. A German festival, named after a Catholic saint, which hijacked an older pre-Christian festival: Not important to me.

Aside from those who were personally involved in the OG Black House theater troupe, I don't know why anyone would give a shit. To commemorate the day that the Grand Plagiarist decided to go bald for life? I personally think he looked better with hair.

Dead as disco.

What would Gilles de Rais think?

#99226 - 04/30/15 03:24 PM Re: Is Walpurgisnacht Dead? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
mountaingoat Offline

Loc: Colorado
I have been far too busy with my Nameless Rites and Unspeakable Orgies to address the subject. But rest assured, my morals are still questionable.

-John Fowles

#99236 - 05/01/15 08:21 AM Re: Is Walpurgisnacht Dead? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
FemaleSatan Offline

Loc: The Dirty South
I would hope that anyone who was doing something for it was out and about and not online. Was it slower than usual yesterday at 600?

For me it was end of the month inventory and I was busy training someone on how to do end of the month inventory while my phone blew up because corporate needs to yell. Or my other stores whining about something.

The numbers will be processed shortly, I'll get yelled at and then go yell at some people. Then I will train the new manager how to deal with a truck coming in and add that inventory to that store's inventory.

Until Walpurgisnact is not at the end of the month, I will be dealing with my own personal work related armageddon and spreading a high level of terror in the peasants that work under me. Same with Halloween my favorite holiday. \:\(

#99239 - 05/01/15 08:54 AM Re: Is Walpurgisnacht Dead? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Megatron Offline

Loc: fuckit, some kid cracked my co...
 Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino
Here it is, Walpurgisnacht, the Night on Bald Mountain holidate in the 1966-75 Church of Satan, when we never failed to hold Nameless Rites & Unspeakable Orgies all over the United States ...

Just one more sign of the deterioration of morals [well, perhaps that's not the right word] in the younger generations today. Shocking, just shocking ...

I'm reminded here of why I only get Hallmark Greetings from people over sixty.

Walpurgisnacht? I hope you understand that this is a Catholic holiday. Just like Halloween. Or, more properly, "All Hallows Eve", or the night before All Saints Day.

LOL at you buying in to the exact same paradigms you fake at challenging. I mean everyone knows it goes bump in the night right before a Holy Day, right?

Edited by Megatron (05/01/15 08:57 AM)
Edit Reason: get some goddam mutherfucking pussy, dude.

Oh, and I spell everything right.

#99243 - 05/01/15 11:09 AM Re: Is Walpurgisnacht Dead? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
Ha, I'm going to a Beltane Festival, which is more so about agriculture and sex than some ole legend of a Witches Sabbat. I do have my Devil Costume packed, I'll be sure to take photos :P

#99248 - 05/01/15 12:34 PM Re: Is Walpurgisnacht Dead? [Re: SIN3]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: SIN3
Ha, I'm going to a Beltane Festival, which is more so about agriculture and sex

Well, it sounds more fun than just an agriculture festival. \:D

#99252 - 05/01/15 01:10 PM Re: Is Walpurgisnacht Dead? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
MReynolds Offline
Permanently Banned Troll

Although not really in celebration of Walpurgisnacht, I was able to live-it-up yesterday, and last night with sex, pizza, and a scary movie. Woot woot \:\( Nah, I had a good day. \:\)

#99348 - 05/05/15 08:45 AM Re: Is Walpurgisnacht Dead? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
With any luck, the members here were out actually reveling and not talking about reveling online.

In Baltimore we usually have several named Walpurgisnacht events. Some are public and some are private to semi-private. Unfortunately, we also had some "riots" and a 10pm curfew. That sort of put a damper on the reveling this year.

#99351 - 05/05/15 11:51 AM Re: Is Walpurgisnacht Dead? [Re: Fist]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
I'm with James on this one. Walpurgiswhat? Who cares. Some catholic garbage orthodoxy.

#99389 - 05/05/15 10:07 PM Re: Is Walpurgisnacht Dead? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

All right, let's boil some serious Walpurgis blood here ...

Let's start with something you think you all know about, e.g. Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain. Walt Disney's Fantasia, right? Well, 99% of the recorded versions of NOBM you hear are actually the Rimsky-Korsakov rearrangement, which is, in a wood, weeny. You want real Dæmons who don't get chased anywhere at the end, and indeed stick around in your ritual chamber just because you played it, you have to go back to Mussorgsky's original version. Full name St, John's Night on Bald Mountain.

The best recording of this original is by Theodore Kuchar and the National Symphony Orchestra of Ukraine. Annoyingly it's one of the few selections on that album which is "album only". Happily someone who bought the album has uploaded it to YouTube here. So if you want to download it, just go here, then after downloading, open up the video and save the sound only. Then turn up your sound system and Gimme That Old Tyme Religion!

#99390 - 05/05/15 10:59 PM Re: Is Walpurgisnacht Dead? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

If you want more W-music, Mendelssohn's Die Erste Walpurgisnacht is less dæmonic than NOBM, but pleasantly atmospheric anyway. Probably the best version is found here, although the Amazon track listings are confusing; you'll need to go to the iTunes Store or etc. to see them coherently.

DEW starts with a nice orchestral inferno, and many listeners like to leave it there. But it is a complete song-story, and this album lets you go all the way through if you're in the mood.

I don't see the Cleveland version on YouTube, but here's another version that should give you the general idea.

#99432 - 05/06/15 11:57 PM Re: Is Walpurgisnacht Dead? [Re: Dan_Dread]
MReynolds Offline
Permanently Banned Troll

Hey, whether, or not one attaches any particular significance to Walpurgisnacht, it's still an excuse to have a blast, right? It also has historical context, right? It can be used in the work-place for instance as a religous holiday to get away, and just have a ton of fun, right? So, why not? Not claiming that I know you, (because, I don't), but damn.. I get the impression that you don't smile much. Go outside, and get some some sunshine. Vitamin D is great, man. \:\) \:\)

Edited by MReynolds (05/07/15 12:00 AM)

#99435 - 05/07/15 12:45 AM Re: Is Walpurgisnacht Dead? [Re: MReynolds]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Quote:
So, why not?

Why would you need some bullshit retconned 3rd tier catholic holiday as an excuse to enjoy yourself?

Quote:
Not claiming that I know you

As you shouldn't; you have no fucking clue. Very few here know me on any level, but I'm quite sure that those who do are snickering at your 'impressions'.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.