Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#10126 - 07/07/08 11:57 PM Re: Manners and Authenticity [Re: Fist]
Xande Offline
stranger

Loc: Arlington, TX, USA
Agreed. Cowardice typically manifests itself by means of the inversion of its core, quickly multiplying into plastic venom thrown like silly string in the direction of perceived inferiors. Self-deceit is never productive, and the masses of sheep in wolves' clothing soon realize upon stepping out of the house they're horribly overdressed.

They'll never hurl this vitriol in the face of one who they can see possesses far greater physical faculties than they. No, this isn't that oft mentioned sense of self-preservation kicking in, but rather the unspoken knowledge that their cheap facade has no choice but to crumble under even slight scrutiny.

On another note, using malice as the cornerstone for conversation is in my opinion highly unsatanic , as forcing the undeserved into a defensive position(or inflicting genuine mental harm) is a perversion of the sense of justice we claim to so acutely possess. Acting on assumption without a factual base in reality makes you no better than the hordes of mystics you claim to despise.

#10127 - 07/08/08 01:30 AM Re: Manners and Authenticity [Re: Fist]
rob_church Offline

Loc: alberta , canada
yes that does seem to be the case fist,like the small dog, its very easy to be tough when your on the other side of the fence.

but in their defense to equate courage to picking a fight with a gang is rather silly as 4 or 3 on 1 no matter what your size you are going to be fucked up.so call it cowardice i call it intelligence, do you equate courage to picking a fight with a gang fist?

to defend your self when attacked,insulted,or being treated like a bitch that is courage. to start a fight with a gang that is just down right stupidity.

when you enter an argument with some one in real life one must do so expecting physical violence. and i know what i am capable of and expect this of my enemies.

that is why when i have to go bang on my neighbours door to keep the noise down or crank some six feet under till i cant hear my self scream because of some ones music is cranked or any time i have to get in some ones face ,im shaking almost twitching.one because i am mad and two because i am scared.

who knows how many people are in their, what weapons are available ,what their current intoxication level is ect.. when i bang on a door,tell some one to fuck off thats being rude or even politely ask a parent letting his kids play on my lawn to play by their own house as their screaming annoys me, i expect a fight, so my body is ready for it. all my life any confrontation no matter how minor the reason,i have always been shaking and always expect a fight...but in knowing that i still do it.

the Internet has made people think that because they can just argue,insult,mock or be rude to others, then just turn off their pcs,and then they are safe with no physical repercussion.

that is why i think they act this way fist.

#10128 - 07/08/08 02:08 AM Re: Manners and Authenticity [Re: Fist]
blackrose Offline
stranger

I tend to agree; I have met a lot of the younger Satanists, some of whom, unfortunately, tend to cop an arrogant attitude. This makes a poor impression regarding what Satanism is all about. Being rude and/or arrogant is not an example of Satanism; rather, it's an example of being ignorant, and it feeds into the negative stereotype that mainstream folks have in mind when they think of us. In my opinion, although we Satanists shouldn't put on airs, we should strive for a well-mannered demeanor.
#10132 - 07/08/08 05:22 AM Re: Manners and Authenticity [Re: Mercury_Templar]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
LOL. You sound like me. (Mercuryy Templar in case you're not paying attention). I also like to hold open doors for people, although I found in the US when I visited that men would try to beat me to the door and would almost hip and shoulder me out of the way to get there first (manners being redundant if you have to be pushy to use them).

But overall, I find being polite and friendly to strangers easy and unscripted, right up until they are rude to me, then I find being a very rude cunt myself very easy too.

My favourite saying when people (especially people older than me) are rude, is "Didn't your mother teach you any manners"?

Now picture me, heavily tattood and a bit low class looking, having impecible manners and asking an older more affluent looking person about their Mum teaching them manners? I've had snorts and guffaws of laughter from other people watching in shops when I do this.

Driving is a time when I find good manners most important. I always let people in and think about how I can help others driving experience, when I'm on the road.

I'm patient and willing to wait my turn and I find in return, I always get the best parks and my lane always goes faster, LOL. A bit of karma I think (well cause and effect anyway).

Zeph

#11255 - 09/06/08 11:06 PM Re: Manners and Authenticity [Re: Fist]
memphischick Offline
stranger

Loc: Memphis, Tennessee
I am polite until you fuck me over. I was told about 2 years ago that I let people walk all over me (which I did). Until I grew a backbone. Mainly my family wanted to control my life and I am a 26 year old woman with 3 kids. Anyway, I find that when you are rude for no reason, you get nowhere. I am a nice person and will help anyone until I get no respect.

#12250 - 10/05/08 09:56 PM Re: Manners and Authenticity [Re: Fist]
BloodHorn Offline

Loc: Stockbridge Ga
manners is a question of who he person is thats my opion plain nand simple.

#12262 - 10/06/08 10:21 AM Re: Manners and Authenticity [Re: BloodHorn]
BloodHorn Offline

Loc: Stockbridge Ga
Sorry who the person is..sorry about the typo.

#12295 - 10/06/08 08:03 PM Re: Manners and Authenticity [Re: BloodHorn]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
That whole sentence is a typo. Manners is not capitalized. Missing a t in he. A period after is. Capital t and an apostrophe s in thats. Missing an in in opion. Minus the n in nand.

#14031 - 11/07/08 02:47 PM Re: Manners and Authenticity [Re: Fist]
Jake999 Offline

There's an old saying, "Satan is always a gentleman."

It 's counterproductive to come into situations being belligerant until one knows that belligerance is the only option. It does no harm to be cordial (not kissing ass, but treating another with a modicum of respect), so long as the other individual responds in kind. You can still have a spirited debate with someone, you can always agree to disagree, and you never know what you might be able to learn from someone if they feel they can open up to you. You might be cataloging their every word in your mind to use against them later if needed, but people tend to respond well to acceptance and exchange.

If a person comes at me with an attitude, I know that one of two things is going to happen. Either he and I are in for a hell of a confrontation or I need to diffuse the situation and turn it to my advantage. You get a lot more out of the second option, even though you might want to smash his face in.

#15230 - 12/01/08 07:14 AM Re: Manners and Authenticity [Re: Fist]
spiderbreeder Offline

Loc: Sydney,Australia
I think it pays to be initially courteous to whomever I encounter,but if the courtesy isn't returned, I brush them immediately. I started off being a very angry young lady, getting off on being obnoxious, and getting into a lot of bad situations because of it, but getting older has made me realise that a rude, intimidating approach only registers with other people that show the same qualities, and I can't extract anything of any substance out of them that would benefit me in any way,plus ,being pleasant until there is a really good reason not to requires less emotional energy- playing rude and evil can be quite draining....

#16404 - 12/17/08 07:22 PM Re: Manners and Authenticity [Re: Fist]
satanicfly87 Offline
stranger

Loc: Thomson, Georgia
I think that in todays society, unfortunately, most boundaries have been obscured. For example: I am a very nice and polite person, at least, I try to be. I am also a very blunt person which is sometimes mistaken for rudeness. A lot of people call me out on it and I try to explain myself, after that initial explanation, I don't care to explain myself any further.

And I totally agree with First; some satanists feel the automatic need to be in *BITCH* mode 24/7. It just isn't necessary and it paints a picture of a satanist that I personally don't want to deal with. True enough, some people deserve to run head into that mode sometimes, but in general, it is not needed.

#16442 - 12/18/08 12:55 PM Re: Manners and Authenticity [Re: satanicfly87]
HypnotizedHill Offline
stranger

Loc: Austin, TX
 Originally Posted By: satanicfly87
I am also a very blunt person which is sometimes mistaken for rudeness.

Bluntness can be mistaken for rudeness all the time. For me, being blunt is being extremely honest. Honesty is a sign of respect for proper communication. If others despise bluntness then they must despise honesty. Although, some people can not handle the truth.

#16443 - 12/18/08 01:13 PM Re: Manners and Authenticity [Re: HypnotizedHill]
blastbeast666 Offline
stranger

You may think that bluntness helps with the truth, bnut when talking to many different typs of people bluntness is not the easiest to get your point across.

You and I both know that bluntness can be a sign of respect, but if talking to a different crowd of people that you know nothing of then bluntness can be taken as rudeness. Taken straight from Satanicfly87 the rudeness if puten to harshly can just end up "bad".

#16485 - 12/18/08 07:21 PM Re: Manners and Authenticity [Re: blastbeast666]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

People tend to forget that language is a tool and one can use it differently according the need or a desired result.

At times it doesn't help to try to get your point across in a polite manner or even an articulate well-constructed manner. Some people are so stuck into a pattern that they can't or refuse to see beyond it. So whispering to the river might not do much. Instead you pick up a big rock and throw it in. That will, at least, seriously disturb the water and in time, it either continues to flow, ignoring the rock or it finds a different direction. Sometimes you might completely stop the flow but such is life, annihilation is a part of it.

This place is a forum so it's always a matter of one opinion versus another. Truth is of no importance, it's a battle of memes. And only the strong survive. Bluntness is a nice approach, it goes directly towards the point that needs to be adressed and cuts out the whole irrelevant shitchat. Rudeness might also be a good approach. After all this is a satanic environment and predators tend to play in a violent manner at times. Only the prey dislikes that and flees as they are mentally instructed to do. That's darwinian selection in practice. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and even if your argument is weak, it being ripped apart, doesn't imply a person needs to feel ripped apart. It's an opportunity to weed out the weakness and strengthen your arguments. Adapt or die, again, such is life.

In general I only put effort in my replies when they I feel the subject or opinion deserves it. I do that here and in real life. I'm often blunt just because I don't like wasting time with trivialities that are just that and prefer to argue at a decent level. I'm rude when I feel it is needed or when the opinion or argument isn't worth more than that. The lowest form of respect I have for people is totally ignoring them. I do that with the majority in real life.

If you stop wondering about what the crowd needs and how they feel, you can begin thinking about what the argument needs. That's when you might get somewhere.

D.

Edited by Diavolo (12/18/08 07:28 PM)
Edit Reason: added stuff

#16489 - 12/18/08 07:58 PM Re: Manners and Authenticity [Re: Diavolo]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Amen brother.

There is no 'one size fits all' way to act. Do you people have no concept of lesser magic whatsoever?

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.